Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

firecrackers.. How do iI learn from my mistake? [bad experience]

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Algroshaw, Jun 14, 2012.

1. dude the seizing comes from your bloodsugar being fucked up. quite frankly i've been having the seizing just from smoking a bowl. take it easy man, EAT half an hour before you smoke. heart beating really fast?

2. You're supposed to eat firecrackers on a fairly empty stomach. Or they do not work. And I'm not smoking, I'm eating.

3. I remember when I was 12 and got too baked for my own good..

4. LOL!! "I don't wanna be seizing again" HAHAHA! That's funny.

If there is anything to learn from your mistake is that you shouldn't be consuming something that causes you to have a seizure.

Weed made me have a seizure a couple of times as well and it didn't stop me from continuing to use it, which in retrospect, was a dumb move.

If eating something like, i don't know, a apple caused me to have a seizure, I would stop eating apples.

5. it could have been too much for you or it could have been laced you never know

6. [quote name='"Gryphonics"']I remember when I was 12 and got too baked for my own good..[/quote]

:rolleyes:

7. I don't suppose anybody has anything constructive to say?

8. Put half as much in as you did last time.

9. Pretty much just use less. If you aren't used to an edibles high and you're around people you can't get high around, I'd suggest smoking instead.

10. I've got you, man. Hahah
    So, here's some tips. Eat it on an empty stomach if you want, that's whatever. If it starts creeping up too strong too fast, eat more. Eating will help knock the effects down a bit. If you have a ton of food and drinks next to you for just in case, you have nothing to worry about.
    Aside from that, when I make firecrackers, I use .25 grams. .3 to be safe. .7 is way too much, even .5 is a lot. People that tell you to use full grams and stuff just don't know how to make firecrackers right.

So-- my advice. Use .3-.4 grams if it's dank. Then have your food ready to save you if you start freaking out.

11. .3? .4? I remember when I started smoking weed :rolleyes: Don't start bashing people saying they don't know how to make firecrackers if they use 1 gram. I always use 1 gram because I have a high tolerance. Not everyone only smokes on weekends lol

12. I've been smoking for years, and last year, when I was making these, I smoked about 3 times a day, every day. At one point, was going through an oz every two weeks with just one other person. You're making them wrong if you need an entire gram, I don't care what your tolerance is.

13. Again, you're wrong. A fucking retard could make a firecracker if I taped a recipe to his face, so don't act like there's an art to it. I guess you just don't like getting as high as most people, because 1 gram is a pretty typical amount.

14. That must be it. Clearly it's a normal amount, when .7 gave OP a seizure. You're right.

15. Thank you.

16. Firecrackers are inefficient in and of themselves. The methods try to get the cannabis into PB which isn't the best solvent for marijuana. This and differing times and temperatures create largely different end results.

Doses from dispensaries are typically .25g. Since they try to achieve 100% extraction, that dose satisfies many so-called 'veteran' smokers. However high their tolerance, they typically never have to consume 4 times the amount from a dispensary.

If someone is consuming a 1g edible, it's typically from a method that doesn't facilitate extraction well.

17. you seem to have forgotten the fact that people have different tolerances, and that the OP is most likely a kid with a low tolerance because he is afraid of being found out by his parents. Hiebs is right. If I can smoke an entire gram without siezuring up, don't you think I could handle eating the same amount, with the high spread out over a longer period of time? :smoke:

and fiest, none of my friends would be satisfied with a one does edible from the club, and they are not even veteran smokers. This leads me to believe that the .25g that clubs use for a dose comes from trim/shake most of the time, because many edibles I have seen were like 8 doses for 10 dollars (2g for 10 bucks). And clubs would not sell bud for that cheap of a price, especially if they must also go through the process of making the bud into an edible

18. I'm more with feist. I'm still convinced you guys just don't know how to make edibles. I'm talking from experience, with super, super high tolerance from a period of my life. .25-.5 was absolutely plenty, ridiculous. And no, just because you can smoke a gram does not mean that you can handle a gram of edibles. They are completely different. A gram of edibles it like smoking an eighth, in my, clearly discarded, opinion.

19. #19 feist, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    Scottio, not sure if by club you meant a legitimate medical marijuana dispensary, which would in fact be made with legitimate bud, be pretty potent, etc. or if you meant some other entity. Using good marijuana in an edible is actually in their interest because it does exactly what they want it to do: uses less weed per dose and is more potent.
    When made right, (which isn't often with a firecracker, so that dosage as a source shouldn't be held as accurate for all edibles) no one should have a 1g dose unless they suffer from severe digestive problems, or have the biological inability to process the cannabis well. On these forums I've seen more than a few people overcome these problems, however, with lecithin, straining, and decarbing properly (getting 100% extraction and increasing bioavailability at the same time). Even then, .5g dose is usually on the higher end.

Edibles and smoking are not comparable quantitatively. I would actually argue that they constitute two different tolerances even. Someone could have a low smoke tolerance and a somewhat higher edible tolerance just based on which one they do more often, but then again, I consider a. 5g to. 6g edible dose a high tolerance.

20. Agreed with feist. Quit pretending that you're cool for being able to handle a full gram (which I still don't believe you could handle if you made it right). This forum seems to promote enjoying the herb, not the alcohol standard where the more you can drink the cooler you are. Quit being a douche. Even .5 used to be overkill for me when I had high tolerance. If you're decarbing right and everything, which you seem to, try .3-.4, don't go higher. Enjoy yourself man, that's what it's about.