Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Firecracker success using only a microwave

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by raydavies, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I might have came up with a good idea(i hope) haha.

Use a trial and error process by making your mixture, and for this case I'll just say peanut butter and veg oil (no herb though since were testing).

Grab a Cooking thermometer and use it to temp the mixture.

Guess a certain time, microwave it, and then take the temperature.

This way you'll know it won't get too hot and burn off the thc.

2. Gotta say it worked... Except i put the bud on. let it sit in the tin foil for 5mins, and then stick it back in the microwave for 15sec and eat it... shiz was good.

3. Keep this thread alive! I want to see results, going to try this when I get home today.

4. Debated trying this, finally tried it and it didn't work. First experience with edibles but I wont give up that easy.

5. Pretty high right now and I ate 2 firecrackers following his instructions. I feel lit, I love it and it is 5:09 PM EST

6. For anyone who got this to work, did you use abv or greens?

I have both and am deciding between which to use.

7. I took the equivalent of 3 normal joints ( stuffed into medical grade capsules) with absolutely no effect. Does cooking the weed change the potency ?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Thats actually a good idea, letting the weed sit in the PB is a great way to make firecrackers if you don't have oven access. Cooking them isn't even necessary

9. Yeah man it does, I think the process is called decarboxylation.

10. i used probably .3-.4 ground up dank on two crackers and about a gram of mid on the other two graham crackers and the dank ones were much more potent of course. Im not sure if ABV will work or not

11. It all sounds good but it seems sketchy. If you think about it, I know the peanut butter is still hot/warm whatever, but if you don't actually heat the weed the THC doesn't become activated. How could this possibly get you high? I'm sure kitten will have something to say about this... :)

12. Heat isn't needed always. if you wrap a peanut butter cracker with bud in it, and leave it for a few days you will get stoned. Its called decarboxylation I think.

13. [quote name='"ehngage"']

Heat isn't needed always. if you wrap a peanut butter cracker with bud in it, and leave it for a few days you will get stoned. Its called decarboxylation I think.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure decarboxylation is when you heat but to activate THC although it may be considered decarboxylation as it technically does the same thing. Although I just tried it and deffinately works. Props to OP! +rep

14. So I tried this using AVB and got amazing results.
    What i did was use 1 teaspoon full of bud on each side of the cracker, and put a chocolate bar in the middle.
    I chose to microwave in short bursts with the bud already on the firecracker and it seemed to work.
    The resulting high was intense and i ended up in bed by 8:00 that day, this is probably because of the amount of bud i used (about 2g).
    NOT FOR PEOPLE SENSITIVE TO GANJA!!!!!!!!!!!
    I vape daily and have for years and this was still a high i could hardly function with, i had math class that day and i dont even remember it...

15. #35 GnarTheShred, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    I also tried this method today with some AVB. Tried the method in the beginning, but with Nutella, and after I put the weed on the nutella, mixed it up well using toothpicks and then squished the two sides together.

30 seconds in the microwave w/ no weed
    added 1teaspoon of weed to each side of the firecracker
    mixed thoroughly
    Taken them now, and will update later with how the high is.

EDIT: So I ate it at around 10:00 A.M. and it wasn't too hard to get down. I used graham crackers so they were a little bit bigger than saltines. Got a pretty nice fuzz going after eating it, and then got very high for a while at around 11:15-11:30. It is now 1:45 and I'm still pretty high but not out of my mind or anything.

Verdict: Would do again. I think I could have done a better job of mixing the weed, and had I been more prepared I could have done it a little bit faster as well which I think would've helped. I really enjoy the high, don't get that wrong it still worked wonders, but I think it could've worked better for me. Also after making it with Nutella I read the labels of Nutella and Jif, and Nutella has 12g of fat per serving as compared to Jif's 16g/serving, so I would probably use peanut butter.

16. My first time with edibles. Finished swallowing the last bite at 00:51 and I'm already starting to feel it roll over me like a freight train.
    I literally feel like I am the film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I'd had one fairly packed joint before hand and I'm going to smoke another now. See you on the dark side of the moon.

17. Hello, first post!

I'd hate to revive such an old thread, but I figured my experience is worth the bump.

Basically......This method DOES WORK and it works REALLY FUCKING GOOD.

I followed the instructions and heated about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for 45 seconds. The brand that I used was plain ol' Jiff. The peanut butter had melted into more of a liquid base and was pretty hot to touch (Enough to make you want to wipe it off fast). I put the peanut butter into a small little plastic storage container and mixed in a good bit of grounded up bud. Here was my first mistake...if you don't have a scale or any legitimate way to know how much nug your actually putting into it, I'd say don't do it because I put in way more than I was ready for.  After that I just mixed together really good and then let it sit in the storage container. Now here's the thing, I made this before work and was planning on using it the next day. I work nights so this mixture sat for a good 10 hours until I was able to use it. I think letting the mixture sit is a good idea just because that's what I've heard is best in regards to the THC soaking up into the fat. Now when I ingested this I was driving home from work and figured I'd start eating it so by the time I got home it would have already kicked in. Problem was is that this kicked in about 15-20 minutes after eating it, which was fucking nuts. I thought it would have been an hour at the latest. By the time I got home I was absolutely gone. It was the cleanest high ever....very clean, potent, and strong. It lasted I'm guessing around 5 hours. 

At times I felt like I was tripping and there were moments were I just couldn't take it, like a true brick in the wall. I am inexperienced, but I'm sure this would fuck anyone up.

Overall great experience, however I plan to buy a scale and experiment both with different amounts of nug and different lengths of letting the mixture sit.

***This was all done by adding the nug AFTER the peanut butter was heated in the microwave, the nugget never made contact with the microwave at all. The heat from the peanut butter must have been enough to extract whatever it needed. I'm thinking letting it sit out added to perhaps an increase of strength and potency. It's great however because this method is extremely easy and discreet.***

18. I went for round two last night and the method worked flawlessly again. No oven, no weed in the microwave...just warming up the pb, mixing in the ground nug, and letting it sit. Like the day before, I was blasted. I can still feel a lingering feeling in my head, almost like a "weed hangover".

19. If you were to smoke that same amount of weed in a spoon pipe, taking good sized hits, how high would you be?