Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Firecracker Question.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Deleted member 1078015, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Hello fellow greenies.:wave: I’ve been into making my own edibles recently. Right now I’m trying to perfect the firecracker. I almost have it the way I like except for the end part..when it’s done I find It quite hard to consume. If I freeze if right after it’s out of the oven does this affect its potency at all?? Thanks. :pimp::icgreen:

2. @BrassNwood I was thinking no, but then I remembered your freeze and reheat oil process to infuse coconut oil.

What say you?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi:) that’s exactly why I figured could get away with it. I dunno- I went ahead and did this today, and ate it after freezing for half hour. I’m getting quite high, and I have a very high tolerance:) so now I’m wondering how long it could stay frozen...
    I did put a pinch of coconut oil in with my weed (2g) while it was decarbing it for the last 20 min.
    End result was wonderful!!
    I was still able to grind it to a power type before adding it to the firecracker... it was so yummy!!

4. THC is an oil so it doesn't freeze at 32F. B&W puts his oil thru several cold cycles in an attempt to convert more THC into something sleepier. I don't know if it's been studied or not, it could have been bioassayed at home. Some people winterize at -80C so you won't change the potency of a firecracker by freezing it.

Does freezing make it taste any better?

5. Ok great thank you for the reply. It actually does taste really good. Keeps together better so it’s not such a mess. I make mine like a smore

• Like Like x 1
  6. What the freeze does more then anything is take the gritty mouth feel down several notches for when I let the hash caps melt in my mouth for a faster launch.
    The dry ice kief based oil I make can feel like sand in your mouth if you skip the freeze.
    BNW

7. Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams decarbed cannabis. (anything works)
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules @ 100mg each .
    Add the finished tablespoon of oil to any brownie or cookie mix.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you strain your oil at all for the capsules? I did with mine and saved the material. It’s in the freezer for a batch of brownies next:)

9. Since I use Dry Ice Kief straining would be pointless as it's already been through a 160 micron mesh.
    Even when I was using powdered buds I didn't strain but just ate the sludge, weed particles and all as I'm not sensitive to the eaten material.
    I never found it worth my time and effort to run the material twice as my extraction rate is very high and any spent material will only be a fraction as potent as the first go round and I need my meds to be the same high strength every time as it's pain control for my usage.

Decarb first then grind the buds to as fine a dust as possible. Add just enough oil to fully wet the weed dust. More like a mud pie consistency. Low heat for a short time to bind the THC to the oil and it's good to go.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I just found it little hard to get the plant material in my syringe .. wasn’t able to suck up the leftover plant material even though it was grounded etc... material sat at the bottom while filling capsules. Might need a bigger one perhaps. I was only using a tiny one lol

11. #11 BrassNwood, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    That is an issue even with the dry ice kief I use. A large bore eyedropper was my fix. When we started I tried a larger syringe with piss poor results. For larger bits a plastic Pipette worked best as you can trim the tip some to accommodate large particles.

[​IMG].

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great thank you :)

• Like Like x 1