Fire Safety Cigarettes...

Discussion in 'General' started by imcherokeeangel, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Fuck these fire safety cigarettes...giving me a headache, a sore throat, and making my mouth taste like I've been sucking on a penny...blah!

Does anybody know if they're putting that crap in roll your own tobacco? Or is it just the pre-rolled cigarettes? I've been smoking Marlboro's for 20 something years and have never even thought about rolling my own...now I'm thinking real hard on it...unless they're tainting the tobacco too...if that's the case, I'm gonna have no choice, but to quit.

2. are these smokes really to stop fires, or is it another gov. attempt to get people to kick the habbit?

3. I would suggest rolling your own. You dont know what those companies put in those things

4. All I know is if ya ain't puffin on it like a freightrain, it goes out...if ya set it in the ashtray for a few, it goes out...and it's aggravating. Plus, I smoke full flavor and now it's like smoking a light cigarette, or like it's got a hole in it...

I think you're right...I just didn't know if it was being put in the actual tobacco or if they're just putting it in the cigs themselves...I don't wanna even put out the expense if I'm gonna get the same thing rolling them

5. I don't think American Spirits have it in them. I left one burning once and it burned all the way down.

I think rolling your own is the most cost effective though.

6. I may be wrong, but I heard that by the year's end, all cigarettes will be fsc...mandatory...the gas station I buy mine at said they just started getting them in 3 weeks ago and once all the non fsc ones are off the shelves, that's it

7. They actually stop burning mad quick if you stop taking pulls off of em.

Fire safety cigs are shitty :/

8. Nah, there's no extra chemicals inside fire safe smokes as far as those made by phillip morris. They use banded rolling papers, which act like speed bumps(by decreasing the flow of oxygen through the paper to the burning tobacco) to slow down the rate at which the cigarette burns as the lit end crosses over them.

9. this is great news, maybe my parents will finally quit for good now :hello:

10. lol...if they have been trying, this may help them...seriously...they're terrible

I wish them luck :)

11. yeah the last one i bummed i noticed. quit for about a month then just grabbed one off a friend.

its safe to say i wont be smoking cigs anymore.

12. Pretty sure it has to do with the paper.. not the tobacco itself.

but ive been wanting to start rollin my own cigs for a minute now anyway, so this could help out a bit..

My ports have been fucked

13. havnt herd about this in aus yet,,, i smoke winfield which is an australian brand best ciggie in the world

14. Sounds about right, which is fucking stupid.

Just looked it up, and yea AS's have a starch solution to prevent fires, but it is all natural. Which explains why I don't get that funny taste while smoking them.

15. yeah it is on the paper, i think its a bunch of little rings on the outside of them.

16. So, if it's on the paper, are they gonna do it to all the papers eventually?

That would put the screws to joints too then

17. Natural tobacco goes out on its own, good cigars for example. They actually (used to) mix chemicals with the tobacco to keep the cig burning.

18. dont they still mix chemicals with tha tobbaco to make the nicotine

19. Probably to "enhance" the effects of the nicotine, but it naturally produces in the tobacco itself.

20. They put more chemicals in it. It just makes you want smoke more cause you gotta keep that cig going or gotta light it again.

Better go with American Spirits natural cigs.

[​IMG]