Fire Hazard

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Beandip, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I have a party cup filled with soil and I can just now see the sprout about to come out :hello: less than 24 hours haha. But i have 2 50w cfl lights above it about 2 inches away, is this a fire hazard? They dont seem to have gotten to hot and the plastic seems fine now though its only been 20-30min. I have a fan but havent been using it yet since they haven't even sprouted. Help would be appreciated

2. beandip, the party cup should not melt i use them under my 400w mh and never had a problem.the cfls don't get hot enough to cause it to melt as long as they are not touching the cup you will be fine.if you feel unsafe about it just turn the fan on low and have it blow over the cups/bulbs that will keep everything cool

3. thanks alot man!

4. Even if a cfl touched the cup, still no where near hot enough to even soften the plastic cup.

5. I've had em like six inches from a six hundred, immexagerating but really really close..your good to go bro..first grow ever? You should start a journal..

6. Well i tried once with like 30w it made it about 2 inches up, so I still consider it my first real grow. And I'm considering it, uploading photos is the only problem as of now :p