Fire hazard?...

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by billybob543210, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Is this to much risk? I left the lights on for 45mins and it did not catch fire and I'm assuming that is as hot as it would get. I have family over to my apartment two-three times a week for dinner, so i figured this looks pretty stealth.. Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"billybob543210"']Is this to much risk? I left the lights on for 45mins and it did not catch fire and I'm assuming that is as hot as it would get. I have family over to my apartment two-three times a week for dinner, so i figured this looks pretty stealth.. Let me know what you guys think.[/quote]

Your fine it's the same thing as turning a lamp on in a room. The only reason a grow box might catch fire would be faulty wiring.

3. I'd get some kinda airflow going...you need to exhaust the heat. Make sure the base of the bulbs don't start to melt or contact anything that could melt. CFLs in enclosed spaces can get hotter then you think...they might melt themselves in the wrong setup. Ones the things you need to watch for is how the heat can weaken tapes or fastening that might be holding the lights...that would be my major concern for a fire hazard.