Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finishing the curing/drying process.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Phalicy, Jan 8, 2012.

1. The stuff that I have been getting lately while very dank (Cantelope, G-13, etc.) has been kind of fluffy and wet. Almost as if it hasn't been completely dried or cured. It has almost a spongy consistency to it.

Is there any way to finish out the drying/curing process on it? I feel like it could be so much more potent if it were done properly.

2. It it's wet Han it in a dry dark area unside down till it's dry then put it in an airtight jar for about two weeks everyday open the jar and leave it for ten minutes after two weeks it would be fine

3. When does the scent get right cuz I got some Shit it don't smell like nothing and It's sounds like the same problem

4. Subbed

5. okay I promise this works every time...

Take the weed that is fluffy and slightly wet and try and bend to the point of snapping a stem. It will most likely bend but not snap. It the stem springs back kinda then you need to hang dry the buds in a cool dark and dry place inside a jar with the lid completely off for 12 hours. check the bud every 4 hours or so the same way I explained above. Eventually the stem will bend and stay in place but still not snap. At this point its almost done but not quite. Now return the buds to the jar and this time take a standard two-ply table napkin (our double up on a cheapo one) and a rubberband and carefully fashion the napkin over the jar opening and place rubberband around the mouth of the jar to hold the napkin in place. You can use a tie up too if need be. This step slows the drying process so you can catch the buds right as the stems start to snap like we want them too. The more the weed dries the more weed like it will look. By this I mean, it will slowly start to form tight buds. I leave the bud in the jar with the napkin for no more than 12 hours but I check it routinely every 4 to 6 hours. Once you get the buds to look less fluffy and the smell starts to resemble weed and not fresh cut grass, go ahead and take the paper towel off and put the lid on. Open the lid everyday for 10 to 15 minutes for the first week or so. After this point it should be much better. You can start smoking it now. I personally like to take a few nice sized buds out prior to all this and as I smoke them I compare them to the drying/curing buds so I can see the difference, and there is a major difference after a week of curing. After the 1st week of curing it is no longer necessary to burp the jars with everyday for 15 minutes. You can just open the jar for quick rolling of the buds in the jar which lets air circulate through the buds and jar. I do this every other day for another week then the last week I try to leave it alone all together. at this point the nugs will be dry to the touch, slightly more hard them before and they should smell like dank. Now some growers fuck up right from the word go and your shit will never smell good, but generally speaking, if they simply got impatient, this will fix the poor smoking experience.

I hope this helps....go to my thread if you want to see the results you'll clearly see when Ii did this...

6. Cool, I ended up doin kind of what you said. I left the lid of my jar open for about 12 hours, then I started curing for a few days. It smokes much better now.

It's some really dank smoke (g13, cantalope, pb&j, and purple trainwreck. A q of each). Now that it has been properly finished Its great

7. what about the smell though

8. The smell comes back just fine after you leave it sealed up again. Just be careful not to dry it too much. I just had to do it again with some White widow, bubba kush, blueberry, and some more of the pb&J. It worked well on each of them.