Finishing off my mix...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Ap0calypt1c, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    So I went to the garden nursery today and picked up some components and asked some questions.

The nursery had 2 main types of soil mixes at the moment, and I still haven't chosen one yet. They had Original Sea Soil and ProMix Ultimate Organic Mix.
    The person working there said that with the Promix, all I would need is some fertilizer and perlite and I wouldn't need anything else as compost and soil was included, but I wasn't too sure.

My main other option for humus/compost from that store was a bag of mushroom manure, but I wasn't too sure if that was a good kind of compost for cannabis lol...

Vancouver-20130413-00041.jpg

So far, I have purchased 2 kg of Dolomite Lime and 3 Liters of Large Perlite, and although the store didn't have espoma tomato fertilizer, they had Myke's Tomato Fertilizer which looks like a great one with all blood, bone, seaweed, and a lot of potassium
    MYKE Vegetable Garden with Mycorrhizae

http://www.usemyke.com/mycorise/gardening/garden/mykegarden/mykegarden.htm

I'm curious what other fertilzers or amendments I should definitely include in the current mix I have - the stores I've hit only had bone and blood meal, as kelp and neem meal have been difficult to find, but there are still some stores I have yet to check, so any advice would be great!

I am planning to grow 3 Indica plants in 5 gallon containers, after starting them off in half a 2L coke bottle each. And I wanna start asap!!

Should I make the base mix consisting of the base soil mix, perlite, and EWC/Humus for both the beer cups and 3 pots and let it sit for a week and mix in my dry fertilizers and amendments in the 5 gallon pots. Afterwards, I would then plant my seeds in the beer cups and let all of them sit until I transplant the plants over? And maybe use the beer cup's soil as bedding or something for the final pots.

Please no telling me to look at another post or something, trust me, I have, I just get confused a little too easily when baked, so a direct response would be great!

So far, my ingredient list is:
    -SeaSoil OR ProMix Ultimate Organic
    -Perlite
    -Humus???? (Mushroom Manure good?)
    -Dolomite Lime if needed
    -Myke's Tomato Fertizer
    -What other amendments should I definitely get, as most places did not seem to have rock dust or granite dust nor kelp meal.

2. Please no telling me to look at another post or something, trust me, I have, I just get confused a little too easily when baked, so a direct response would be great!

1. Obviously don't smoke any weed before you read this.
    2. Go here and read - http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

Any "direct response" from anyone will be simply telling you what the thread I linked you to says, so please, go there and read, then reread, then make your shopping list, then follow the directions given; it's all laid out step-by-step for you.

J

3. Yes, I know about that thread, but there are no information on that thread saying whether or not the SeaSoil or ProMix Organic soil mixes can be classified as being both the humus and base soil as said on your link. I'm repeating what the person working at the garden nursery told me, but it didn't sound right, so I decided to open a new thread if people who've had experience with these brands could inform me.

Everything else, I would say I'm good on, at least.

Thanks for the input though.

4. If you are not willing to read, more than likely, people will not be willing to help. People are linking you to posts because the "direct response" you are looking for is in there and IF it is not in there, the link is most likely bringing you to a thread that you can ask and get the answer you are looking for.

5. There's a difference between not being willing to read and having already browsed through several pages of this forum. I am just asking for advice based on experience with the types of soil I asked for.

I'm sorry that you misinterpreted my post as being of someone who hasn't done any research at all nor bothered to read, but I simply cannot find the answer to my question in that or several other threads, so I'm asking. If you don't wanna answer or help me out, then don't bother saying anything.

6. Use it as a base nothing more, it seems your lacking a humus source badly.

Use Earthworm Castings as your humus, don't skimp here this is what matters most to your soil mix.

So the answer to your question is no, go find some real shit haha Don't use mushroom compost it DOES NOT count towards your humus source.