Finishing Flowering 24 hours or More of Darkness?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The Big C, May 7, 2007.

1. Hi All
    <o></o>
    I am taking this Blueberry tomorrow flowering day 62. Her branches are starting to droop her buds are so heavy!!
    <o></o>
    I want to know, with my Cali Orange, is there any point in giving her an extra 24hours or more of total darkness? I know it wont increase yield but its supposed to speed up trich maturity.
    <o></o>
    Thanks All

Attached Files:

2. Any Help Would Be Great!!

3. The rational behind the dark period prior to harvest is to force the plant to use up as much of the chlorophyll as possible.

4. But will 24hours of darkness make that much of a difference? Or would I be better off giving her another few days of 12/12? I want to know which is the best choice?

Thanks All

5. The ripening process will continue whether under 12/12 or dark for 2-3 days.

6. blah just keep doing 12/12

remember to harvest when the trichos are cloudy for a light high and amber for a couchlock high

I do half amber/cloudy

7. in my opinion i'd let her go a few more

8. Thanks All!

9. Yes thats one of the reasons but there are others. It is also used to allow the remaining water in the stalks of the plants to be transferred into the buds increasing the overall weight and density. Also, by giving the plant 2-3 days of darkness it switches it into survival mode and will produce as many sticky trichomes as possible in a last ditched effort to get pollinated. The trick to doing this though, is to switch the lights off when your plant is almost out of water. Im not sure on all of the details, heres a link to a thread on another forum about the topic.http://www.advancednutrientsmedical.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=5166&highlight=dark+period
    Look around that site, theres a shit ton of good info, alot of educated and experianced growers, and the moderators are actually the owners and developers of Advanced Nutrients.