Finished my homemade vape NO LIGHTBULB

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by MacMillerPA, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Finished this today, havnt really tried it yet. put some ground up bud in it and put it inder a lighter for like 10 sec and nothing really happened, Should i be putting the lighter directly to the glass? and how long should i heat up the glass?

Attached Files:

2. Oh and btw i know the straw/ tube is too long

3. This isn't going to work. In order to heat the weed up enough to vaporize (451F) that whole thing is going to be too hot to hold. Attach a bowl to it, put water in it, and use it like a hoser.

4. since you went this far make another invention with a candle so you dont have to hold it and so you can find the perfect temprature to vape it at depending on how far the flame is away from the glass.

Trial and error, keep trying and you will perfect it.

5. You really dont think it will work? The glass is a little less thick than a beer bottle. I didnt know it needed to be that thin

6. #6 mur13, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    You're right, I should have clairified. It won't work as is. My suggestion? Primitive, but make like an alcohol stove people use for long hikes with a holder that fits that.

Edit: It has nothing to do with glass thickness. But in order for the weed to get hot the bottom of the glass has to get hot and more than likely the whole thing will. Touch any glass piece on any vaporizer right after use and you'll see what I mean

7. if you can get enough heat on the glass part where the weed is resting it should work, the whole glass doesn't need to be heated up just the part where the weed is.

8. Thats such a bummer, a candle wont even work under it? Damn. I might as well go back to my pipe :smoke:

9. Do you have a butane torch?

10. naw just a regular bic lighter and some candles

11. DO NOT use regular lighters!! they will stain your glass and leave nasty residue. Wipe that soot off your piece and get a decent torch lighter!!!

12. what about candles? :confused:

13. It will probably shatter when you heat it up. Be careful.........

14. da fuck?

don't need a torch for a bowl all torchin' my weed and shit..

15. hes tryingf to use a fucking homemade glass vaporizer, to 'freebase' his herb like one would freebase crack cocaine.

read the fucking post bro!

16. #16 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
    And no, candles will not work.

You need a torch because its hot enough to have a blue flame which indicates that all of the butane has been combusted, unlike lighters like Bics with orange flames, which release things like butane, soot, and contain dust

Actually, its not just the temperature taht produces a sootless, blue flame, it also has to do with teh amount of oxygen. read this and dont forget the picture captions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame

17. It will work fine. First, glass isn't a great heat conductor so if he only heated one spot, it probably wouldn't make the whole thing too hot. Plus it appears that even if it did get a little hot he could just hold it at the lid part.

And 451F(really, not 450??) is much too hot for vaporizing, anywhere from 350-390 is a good range. If you set your vape to 451, your weed would probably burn.

Da fuck? Did you even read the thread? He was talking about using a torch to heat the glass vape.

To OP, it will probably work, but the glass would optimally be a little thinner. For various reasons.

18. woah man..

let's take a step back and analyze the situation at hand.

19. No bra, you step back.

20. Honestly I dont see what the big deal is, hes trying to use a homemade vape, Im trying to help.

The bets solution here, OP, is to go to FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

and start reading A LOT and geta real vaporizer, you will never be satisfied with homemade crap and even some real vaporizers may not suit you. DO YOUR RESEARCH!