Finished ak48 by Nirvana

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ekilroy1, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I grew 3 ak48 from seed, vegged for about 6 weeks and flowered for 78 days at most! I chopped each one basically a week apart from one another. A bit disappointed in the yeild but the smoke is amazing and not to mention that I think I have a different phenotype, 2 of them look the same and one has a lot of light purple buds. Have not tried the purple one yet. I flowered under a 400 watt hps and got only 80g but I think the potency made up for it. I never hacked the plants, just tied them over. This is what they looked like before harvest.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The jar on the right is the purple one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The same with these last 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone tell my why my yeild was so low?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2 InvasionANC, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    How tall were they when you transitioned them to 12/12? There really isn't enough information here, it would help to know what nutrients were being used, how often they were being watered/fed, what medium they're in... I grow under a pretty old 400w HPS w/ magnetic ballast and I'm able to net over a half pound with relative ease. I also grow Nirvana strains, I have two going now: Blue Mystic is in week five of flowering and Lithium OG Kush is about to make the switch. I've also grown their Swiss Cheese, Wonder Woman, and Four Way. All of the yeilded pretty well and produced above average quality. I don't regard them as a premier breeder but they make very worthwhile, beginner friendly strains that pretty much deliver as advertised and cost very little.

Not really...

• Like Like x 1
  3. They didn't stretch that much at all, they were only a few inches shorter the the pics. I did start the flowering with a 400 mh then got a hps bulb with a magnetic ballast. Grown in happy frog using ff grow big and ff tiger bloom and calimagic. Temps were hard to control cause I can't vent out of the room where the tent is, average temp and rh were 82° and 30-45%. They were needing watered every 3-4 days. The light was anywhere from 12-19 inches away.

4. Seems about right for the size of your plants. Most in my network don't switch to flower until the plants are a good size. Usually double or triple the size before flip. Admittedly I am unaware of your tent size, so I don't know if you flipped them that small to work within a smaller tent. Try growing less, but larger plants and compare your yields. I've found that I prefer a larger plant, over more smaller ones. I digress, for your light and the plant size your yield seems to be right in the expected range.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beautiful nugs my man! I'd suggest the same as these other guys, get some more size on the plants during veg. And just my own personal experience, quality soil makes a huge difference. I'm using Fox Farms Happy Frog compared to my last grow with some off brand organic soil from Wally World. Huge difference!

"...Aim for the moon...even if ya miss you'll still hit the stars..."

My 1st indoor grow - Skywalker OG Kush 5x5 ScrOG
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1422110/

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks man! I was hoping for more lol at least an Oz a plant..... tent is 2x4x6

7. Thanks, I thought they looked good as well! They vegged for 6 weeks, which is when the preflowers started to show and was expecting them to at least double in size in which they did not lol. I'm now growing 2 mystery seeds from NIRVANA and 1 GDP clone which more then tripled in size when I flipped to 12/12 and final transplant went into a sip bucket and it's looking awesome. Little to no deficiency.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. That's a big enough tent for a good haul. I regularly see harvests in the 15-20 oz range in 2x4's with usually 600 watt HPS, but even a few in the same range with LED's in the same power draw levels. 1-2 plants usually. Though I have seen the odd ball tent with way much re plants than I would ever cram into that space, pulling excellent yields. It's really not a matter of number of plants, but your available grow space, and lighting.

Your yields will rise as you perfect your growing style. You shouldn't be disappointed as you did pretty well. Just think, it will only get better from here. Congrats, keep growing and keep learning!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks again! Definitely a learning curve for sure. Love the feeling of growing and seeing my ladies everyday lol

10. It's a rewarding experience for sure

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. Hey I was thinking about you lately I just finished my wonder woman and a K 48 and I read something on this post about venting in the same room. you may want to go LED if that's what you're doing like i did. it'll make a huge difference as far as any questions I would probably be the kind of guy you want to talk to me and you to talk cause were growing pretty similar.

I went with timbergrowlights 300w 6 cob 3500k setup. Built the frame myself like all the other guys much better if you're going to vent in the same room.

For Me it just sucks because I only got a chance to use it the last three weeks of my run and now I'm packing up because I have to leave my girlfriend to go to the West Coast to move it's too risky here in Illinois but there's lots of other reasons I can't stay here anymore and I have to go back to LA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. So most of my run was with five plants and 600 W and I didn't do a dry weight but I know I got much better than you of course. first run which was 12 ounces but probably a few under the quality was much better because of the dude grows show and recharge and mammoth P and some canna a and b Hempy bottom fed was definitely the way to go although next time (don't know when that will be probably six months at least until I get settled ) I think I will go back to DWC for unrelated issues

13. For me I was very disappointed with wonder woman and I had about three to experiment with but Ak 48 now that I'm smoking it and it's cured I'm really happy with it wasn't quite as good as Durban i harved tho