Fingers crossed, today i began my first indoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by letsmokeasweet, Feb 12, 2012.

1. i am using some hydro seeds i have saved over the last few months. i have seven, out of the seven i am guessing 3 will be strong enough to make it.
    the rest are some kind bud seeds i saved from almost a year ago. hopefully they will work out.

i built a 4hx3wx4l size box. i am guessing i will be able to fit in 12 plants. i am going to use cfls. hopefully i wont be to lazy with this one and with yalls guidness, i will have a succesful grow :)

Attached Files:

2. you might be able to fit 12 but not all will be female which will work out when they need more room to grow during flowering. also your going to need a lot of light for that many plants. with cfls its 100w for one plant and 50w per additional plant.

3. That is ideal, but really you should have more than that

4. 1st plant(1 plant)= 100 watts
    2nd-12th plant(11plants)=650 watts
    so i will need at least 750 watts worth of cfl lights?
    if i use 60 watt light bulbs i will need about 13 lights

so if i do 12 plants, would 13 60 watt cfls be suffiecent?

i am also thinking of running 4 4 ft floro tubes up top.

5. well im hoping that the 3 good hydro seeds will be females. if i get a male, maybe i can keep it for seeds? with the kb seeds im hoping to start with maybe 20 plants and as time passes i will get rid of the weaker ones and the males.
    i am hoping when i go into flowering, with all said and done, i will have 12 plants left. im sure whatever i harvest will be beter then the regualr swag i get.

6. What exactly are hydro seeds?

7. good weed, very good weed. not swag.

8. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"']

good weed, very good weed. not swag.[/quote]

Ohhh, I see. Never heard of high grade called hydro.
    Do you know the strain you got them from??

9. Always ask questions..and dumb questions is one that is not asked.

10. down here they think all good weed is hydro or dro haha they dont know ha. most people are just smokers people give fake ass strain names all though ive come across some fire genitcs in southern texas. sweet if i was you i wouldnt grow twelve plants down here in texas especially posting on gc texas dont play when it comes to cultivation and if your past a qp its no longer a simple possesion it become distribution if you hit the pound mark its trafficking

11. on top of cultivation which is a fedral crime here