Finger Hash.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by BadAxe, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Ok guys. I know what finger hash is. My first harvest last summer I went through multiple pairs of rubber gloves, as I harvested alone, and took breaks, so the gloves came off, and new ones would always go back on.

But my question is, what the heck do you guys do with it? I must admit, I just tossed the gloves and didn't bother with it. But this grow, my lemon skunk is SO sugary and sticky, there's gonna be a ton of finger hash during harvest. So, how do you get that stuff off of latex rubber gloves? and do you just roll it in a ball and smoke it? 1st harvest took me so long (8 hrs) that I just wasn't interested. This harvest comes during a week off of work for me, and I have planned it out so I am not rushed, and I want to experience the finger hash. So help me out blades. Peace.

If ya want to see how frosty the buds are this time around, check out the current grow link in my sig. Only 1 or 2 weeks left for the Lemon Skunk, 2 to 3 weeks left for the Vanilla Kush. :smoke:

2. I am Wondering the same thing....pulling up a chair for some responses.....

3. Its easy man just rub your hands together with the gloves on until the resin strings up in little balls and save it up put it in a pipe and smoke it :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've heard you just douse the gloves in alchohol and let the mixure evaporate overnight and your left w/ smokeable hash. Wonder if that's true?

5. Okie Dokie, I will try it at harvest time. Thanks.

6. Dude no! If u want quality finger hash u have to take the gloves off. ur hands need to be clean and when they gunk up rub them together over a clean plate and once again make sure ur hands are clean before u start trimming that way u know its just trichomes and nothin else and roll it together and put it in a bowl and smoke enjoy those r pure trihome heads

7. Same concept as iso hash, minus the trouble of separating the good stuff from the plant material.
    The good stuff is alcohol soluble

8. heres some pics with the method i was telling u about above real simple no chemicals but keep in mind this was trimming about a half pounder

Attached Files:

9. Just aint gonna happen. lol. No way I am harvesting without gloves. Can't have that sap all over my hands.

10. Trim, take gloves off, put gloves into container with 90% isopropyl alcohol, let alcohol evaporate, scrape up smokeable hash. Can do the same thing with your trim scissors, but I'd scrape all the good gooey stuff off first and just smoke that straight :smoke:

11. Just talked to a good friend who swears by the freezer method....

Use gloves, when done put the gloves in the freezer for a good 4-5 hours. Take them out, stretch the rubber and collect all the lovely hash that flakes off the gloves. Cheers!

12. I'm a new grower, myself, but I'd bet that you could get the res to freeze and flake off the gloves in less than an hour. There isn't a lot of bulk material to chill so it should freeze quite fast.

13. This is what I did with the resin, i took 20 gloves and parchment paper down, place 4 pieces of tape one piece on each corner of the paper, this is so it won't roll up on you. I put the gloves on hover over the paper rubbing my hands together making sure to stretch the gloves were the material is at its thickest it comes off with ease. After going through 20 gloves I got about 7 to 10 grams depending on the amount of material, I then rake the hash with a razor blade, I remove the fuzzy stuff leaving good hash, I press mine. I use a small c clamp, I made small cup that fits the clamp screws, I pressed the hash, i ended up with dime sized pieces to break up later. Let me know if you try it, works great.