Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finding The Right Grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TooHighToThinkOfUsername, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Hey guys! I've been smoking on a fairy regular basis, coming up on 5 years. All these years, I've been old school in the fact I hand picked my bud. After trying out a few different friends grinders, It's time for me to buy one.

The thing is, it's incredibly hard to chose one. I've done plenty of research, but only made me more confused. I read aluminum grinders can leave small aluminum chunks, that wood grinders are no good, and that plastic ones break apart easily - such as the plastic blades.

I'm a bong smoker, don't roll joints believe it or not. I want an affordable grinder that has a keif lair, and a grinder that doesn't over grind but doesn't leave to big of chunks. So, I ask you guys: what grinder do you use, the ups and downs, and recommendations on what to buy.

Thanks! Keep on tokin!

2. Santa Cruz shredder- comes with warranty so if it breaks just take it back to headshop n theyl give u a free one for life, best grinder I ever used, expensive as fuck though 60-80$ a medium 4 piece

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ouch.. 60-80 bucks? Lifetime warranty's pretty sick though.

4. #4 M3DICIN3MAN420, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    I bought a "chromium chrusher" off amazon about 3 years ago. Still works great and only ran me $20.

If you buy a good grinder in the first place you shouldn't need a warranty... it's a hunk of metal lol. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some cheap grinders break before.

5. yeah my headshop overprices some items, a ssv goes for 300$ their when it's worth 200$ lol but it's worth it though for the warrenty, only got cuz couldn't find space case but I'm happy lol

6. I made the mistake of getting a grinder with holes that are way too small. This thing freaking shreds bud into powder. I'd suggest looking at the holes that lead to the bud chamber and basically eyeballing your ideal shredded up bud size and maybe double the diameter of that for your holes in ya grinder.

The English wasn't strong today sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My man, go to Amazon and buy an Indian crusher. It's just a grinder but that's the name. They're like 10 dollars and aren't gonna fuck you around with metal shavings. Just get one it's cheap and if you think it sucks get a new one. But I tell ya it's really decent

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Awesome, thanks for the help guys! Browsing around amazon, and gonna hit some head shops around my area within the week.

I'll let you guys know what I settled on. Thanks!

9. #9 Venatrix, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    I wasn't aware grinder quality was such a thing.  I've got a Diamond Grind grinder that I think I got for $30 or $40 thee or four years ago.  It still works well, but the kief screen is completely caked in kief so none falls through anymore.  I've cleaned it on several occasions, but it's back the way it was before you know it.  I don't know if this is a common problem, but I had my grinders for a couple years before it became an issue.  Also, it squeaks sometimes when you turn it now, but shit I've had the thing as long as I had my last laptop, of course it's showing a bit of wear.  It's metal, but I've certainly never seen metal shavings in my bud.  It's got a purple body and a red top (switched tops with a buddy) and I'm perfectly happy with it.

Honestly I'd just buy whatever decent-looking metal grinders your local headshops have for a reasonable price.

10. Best grinder I ever used for kief was some 40$ spinner one, screen never clogged an has never till this day 5 years later but best overall is space case and Santa Cruz shredder which both are usually same price just one has warrenty

11. Got a sharpstone a couple months ago been a kick as grinder. Bought it for 30 bucks and this things gonna last me my life.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I have an American Crusher. I love it. As long as you keep up on cleaning it they stay beautiful!