Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finding The Perfect High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Waco Kid, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I've been smoking on and off for a couple years and just recently have I been smoking a lot. I have very little tolerance so a couple hits from anything gets me ripped most of the time. I've found that I get really depressed and analytical about tons of things going on in my life when I get really high. It frustrates me because I just zone out with friends and think of a lot of negative stuff most of the time...granted occasionally I'll return to reality and laugh with them. Does this happen to anyone else when they are uber high? 

It turns out if I just smoke a tiny bit, I feel the high and am generally more happy than when I am sober. I definitely prefer this but it still just confuses me that it takes a total turn if I even smoke a little too much.

Any thoughts? 

I'm also kind of battling depression of some kind, or at least I think. 

2. Smoke when you're filled with good vibes only, it seems like when you smoke depressed you dwell on things alot obviously

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Don't take more than 2 rips at a time. Try not to be alone with your negative thoughts. Get on GC and post like a madman to get your mind off your troubles. Good luck!

4. #4 GratefulFred, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    I have a similar experience. Cannabis can be a great tool for self-reflection, but it can get too intense sometimes & that's not always what you need.   I just try to stick with a light dose.   If I think back to when I used to smoke with friends it might have been kind of hard to say "I'm okay with one hit" but I think that's what you gotta be willing to do.

I don't think a "perfect" high is really possible so you do have to be prepared to deal with negative thoughts.  The best strategy for me is to find external things to focus my attention on.

5. Thanks for the replies! I would smoke only when I'm feeling good vibes, but I'm pretty much consistently burdened by anxiety and some depressive thoughts. It's not healthy, I know...will probably end up seeing a therapist. Being high definitely gives me some perspective on things that I wouldn't reach if I was sober. Friends help for sure, if I didn't have a couple good friends I'd be extremely sad. 

I'll stick with smoking only small amounts...I really believe that I get to the same level as someone who smokes multiple bowls. A little frustrating, but it's all good I guess.