Finding shrooms in cow shit...Can it be done?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheDayTripper, Aug 23, 2004.

1. I don't know about where you all live but here in Wisconsin shrooms don't come around as much as I'd like, we just got a little bit ago and I tripped with my friends but now it's all gone again, so I was wondering if anyone has any information on if it's possible to go out on a farm or something and just find some shrooms or anything? Hell I'm even willing to let it sit in my garage or something to let them grow on it. I'm just sick of waiting for them.

2. When I lived in Florida shrooms were always free. There's shroom fields all over, and yes you find them on cow shit. I've never seen them grow on fresh shit though, it has to be pretty old, which I'm thankful for because week old shit doesn't stink like the fresh kind. You get pretty close when picking mushrooms and don't want to get sick.

I always wore gloves, but most people don't. The hardest part is probably getting over the barbed wire. Some people cut it but I think that's very disrespectful. It's bad enough you're trespassing on the guy's property, don't make him lose his cows too.