Finding positivity

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 985876, Jul 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Someone have a guide on to beat negativity caused by severe depression and, past events? Even when things look so bleeh and, feel as though its time to give up?

A book, quote, or even a step by step tutorial would be helpful at this point.

I can't stop self pitying when I need to. I want a little self help before, I sallow my pretend pride and, tell some doctor I'm a loser and, can't stop being Negative Nancy.

And even if he'll just give me happy pills. I don't want happy pills. I want real happiness. I just want the depression to go to back being mild depression rather than severe depression.

Thanks blades.

2. Ya know, I an a depression sufferer myself. It sucks. I just saw this thread, and I have to go. But, hang in there dude. I promise you. Things arent as bad as you may think.
    "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change"
    Think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Listen to less brown my friend.youtube

• Like Like x 1
  4. I found a perfect one I'll post it for everyone to see. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Need a life change man. I still get depressed for a few hours to a few weeks at a time but, eventually I find what’s makin me unhappy n try to change it. I know ya have prob heard this 100x like I have but, it actually works man. I also switch up strains when I get to depressed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. "Just keep swimming"

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I would switch strains if I had something to smoke right now. And I paid more for the seeds than I'm getting out this harvest. Very pissed at that. I named the crop "disappointment".

8. I've almost drowned twice. :lmafoe:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Everyday think of 5 or so blessings in your life or things you are happy about, whether it be what color your underwear is or whatever. Do it!

10. Shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Actually not a bad idea it forces someone to see some good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That has got to be most polite of way of saying I've attempted suicide before. :lmafoe: I cracked a smile thanks :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. A joint and some deep purple. You're girlfriend dumbs you? Weed and purple. Lost a job? Weed and purple. Homeless? Well I guess you see the pattern.

I find positivity in those little things even when The bigger picture is depressing. Focus on the good and the bad should move. Point and laugh at the badness corrupting your mind because then it has no more power

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I can get distracted pretty easily if I find something funny though. That's what people in real life do for me. They just call me and, tell me a joke sometimes when they see I'm having a depressive episode. It helps too :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. 1. My bed is comfy
    2. The nights are very chill here at an average of about 65 degrees
    3. I can keep an erection longer than 5 hours if I wanted to without pills(this one was for lolz)
    4. My water is clean
    5. I have parents with a really nice ass house they let me stay in and, use their wifi

• Like Like x 1
  16. Help someone that needs help my friend that always makes me happy. I give all my weed away to people who are sick or in pain that is the best feeling. Sit down with a random elderly person who's sitting alone start a conversation maybe he or she is going thru a hard time and talking to someone is a life or death situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is make someone happy and in turn you'll make yourself happy. The world needs more of this

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Someone asked me at one time

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. What is one social norm that you could make and it would change the world? My answer was love

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. I'd would of said no more greed but, that works too.

20. @MTMLSandman420 - you’d be amazed at how calming a well established organic garden can be - and I’m not even vaguely joking or kidding...

I have been gardening since I was a kid and find my own inner peace in growing healthy plants. I garden organically - long before it became a fad, long before it became cool lol - I garden organically to use zero fertilizer. I garden organically because plants respond in a crazy positive way - they are naturally resistant to pests and disease - they are loaded with more nutrition than chemically grown plants.

My job can be extremely stressful - overwhelming even. I have to answer to too many damn people as I work for a large corporate construction company. I have to answer as to why my crews didn’t get as much done as they should have - why this job didn’t make as much $$ as it was estimated to, why this schedule is now conflicting with another projects, not having enough employees - one damn thing after another. I am by nature very anal about most things - and when things go wrong as they do every damn day I stress and it’s not good for my head.

When I get Home and on my weekends my garden is my solitude - my peaceful place. I don’t have anywhere near as much time as I need but to even spend a few minutes before dark mindlessly picking weeds or staking my tomatoes, or adding more more more organic matter mulch calms my head - I can feel the pressure of everyday life melt away. I’m honestly not sure what I would do without my garden.

I need it.

The incredible produce we’re able to eat sure doesn’t hurt anything either lol

I took these yesterday afternoon while I was walking around with a cold glass of wine picking broccoli to cook up in a light olive oil, garlic a friend grew, fresh basil I cut and chopped just a few minutes before dinner and served over some Penne pasta... ;)

DB21C6AD-17DF-4C25-98F5-3228B19DDC59.jpeg ACDF3E6B-BD71-4CE8-9945-B51CE1EAED75.jpeg 79C39732-7447-4F56-9D8D-AC890889B648.jpeg 028309BE-CA7C-4E06-96DE-FDC33D7AD0A5.jpeg F8B96E2E-62D7-43E7-B9F3-7C06C81B28B5.jpeg 72AD7E03-B281-4845-BF07-BB9ABDB35BEA.jpeg 2B6E48BD-B6D8-4352-9180-21CB9FAA2593.jpeg

Long post I know - can you start yourself a small garden plot? It’s amazing what the mindless digging in the dirt and growing plants can do for your head. Trust me, if anyone’s head needs calming down on a daily basis it’s mine - and this works.

J

• Like Like x 2