Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

finding out if my new roommate smokes

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by blacksharrds, Jul 13, 2009.

1. so hes the situation, there was a housing crisis at my college, so i was lucky to get the place i did. however, it was only empty because it was with the RA. ive been chattin with him, and seems pretty cool. hes a musician and such.

i was trying to figure out if he smokes. i read a thread someone else had posted on this topic, but the thing is, i have to go about it so that he wouldnt find out about my habit incase he isnt down with it cuz he'll be able to get me in trouble. you know?

what do you guys think

2. Just ask him if he's 420 friendly, thats what I did with my roommate and he was like hell yeah.

3. if it's an RA and your on campus chances are, no. sorry to hear that man. not like you can smoke inside on campus anyways..

4. Yo, you smoke weed?

Outcome A: Hell yeah! Lets roll a blunt nigggguhhhhh!

Outcome B: No, I don't, you?
    You: Naw, just askin cuz my friend does and hes lookin for some.

Easy peezy.

5. haha... more likely than not he smokes. I was an RA and I smoked in the dorms about every night... had to meet the cops drunk and high once, that was fun... Of course now Im not going to be one and my best friend is, and she would write me up...

6. When I moved in to my housing unit, there was just one of my roommates there at the time. So, before I bothered unpacking, me and my sister went in to meet him. We immediately wanted to know if he smoked or not; and i didn't know how to approach him about it.

My sister went into his room where he was unpacking, and was all like, "Do you smoke...?"
    He was all, "Uhh.. smoke... uhh.. yea..."
    And she just laughed, and was like, "Smoke, smoke?"
    And since he seemed dumbfounded... she went on,
    "Oh fuck yea' you get highhh."

And from there, we found out that his buddy / our other roommate blazed, and so did the other guy that moved in later.

7. RA's have a job to do and it likely includes writing people up for possession of drugs and alcohol (if under 21). If they dont do their jobs they get fired. Many are 420 friendly, but just dont want to run the risk of getting caught letting some one go. they dont want to be dicks, but their jobs force them, so be safe and dont smoke when an RA is around.

8. haha with my roomate it just came up in our first conversation that consisted of drunk stories and hockey fights haha good times. But if he is your RA then you might have a problem even if he is cool with it I would still find a buddy who you can toke with in his room. I mean an RA wouldnt want his room smelling like weed probably. haha I just realized the same thing is happening with my buddy this year.

9. hahaha
    best post ive seen today

10. RA - Resident Advisor, it's a student who is sort of in charge of a dorm, they're supposed to make sure the rules are being followed.

11. LOL that RA in the show Undeclared was a pothead

12. Yes because TV is the same as real life. I guess since the RA in Undeclared smoked, all RAs smoke.

13. what a dick. am i rite?

14. just ask him?

15. One of my RAs freshman year was a dealer, true story.

16. Say that you respect him as being an RA, but hope that he respects the fact that you smoke. Ask him to join you in smoking - dont be a dick to him because chances are, he can be a bigger dick to you

Plus, chances are they are just RAs for free housing....so they can spend the extra cash on pot lol

17. this^^^

18. na, not too much, who cares? you gonna let some one on the INTERNET get you down? LOL!!! don't play counter-strike then.

19. seems risky with an RA. My advice would be to hang out with him and casually bring up the topic of pot. Gauge his response, and then see if it's a good idea to ask him.

Keep in mind that he IS an RA< and it is his job to enforce college rules. I know a couple of RA"s who are potheads but still but kids for smoking pot because it is their jobs (SOme of them are hypocrites and smoke in their own rooms, but a few of them are at least consistent and do it not in the building).\

From my experience in the dorms, most RAs are cool and won't shun you for asking that type of question. If they say no, respect that and don't be obvious about your smoking. And, most important of all, treat your RA with respect and they will return the favor.