Finding Hookups When You're Older

Discussion in 'General' started by CodeMan, Oct 23, 2012.

1. So I'm a 32 year old educated dude. I have kids and a professional job with a large technology company. Between the two I have little time to do anything other than work or kids really. I live in a suburb of a large metro area. I had a great connect... up until a month ago. I don't know if he got popped or what but he's totally unresponsive. Now I'm realizing it's not my college youth days anymore. This shit isn't everywhere, at least not where I am. I only see the people I work with really, and I ain't asking them. So WTF do you do? I could probably find schwag but honestly I'd rather not smoke. How do you make like-minded friends when you have no outlet to do so? I've never been in this position. 16 years of [minor] daily smoking came to an abrupt end and I'm somewhat shocked, lol.

Help me grasscity, I'm begging you.

2. When ever you need any drugs just ask the sketchiest/ druggy lookin dude that you know. If he doesn't have the hook up then one of his friends probably does.

Gotta surf the proper channels brah

3. I know how you feel.
    When I was younger ( many years ago) everyone I knew smoked, now
    only a couple people.
    Could try hotel bartender or local bar maybe.
    Any friends in Austin?
    Could try a live concert.

4. That's the problem man, there are no channels. My day goes like this:

Wake up at 5:30 and get the kids ready for school.

Roll out at 7:00 to drop them off and hit work by 8:00

Work all day until 5:00

Leave work, pick up the kids, home by 6:30

Kid shit, kid shit, kid shit

Chill with the GF for a bit and sleep around 12:00

Rinse, repeat

5. Do you look like a cop? Find some kids who look like they sell or deal with drugs and go from there. You could also search for sites around where you live where dealers and pot smokers regularily conjugate and find a good dealer from there. You will have to network a little bit to get a good dealer and try not to throw him off considering your a first time customer which means no fronts, no special prices. Be prepared to pay a little price premium when you find a new dealer. Have you tried googling where people who smoke around your area? Could help some. I found my dealer just walking down the street when he asked me for a smoke, then I asked him if he knew where to find some pot. Got a nice 60 bag that night and many nights that followed. Try to avoid sketchy people as a last resort, they will most likely overprice their weed and it probably will be mids at best.

6. is growing your own bud an option?

7. No I don't look like a cop, lol. My last hookup I found through a friend I'm no longer friends with. She introduced us and that went on for years. I don't even do a lot of walking down the street, you know? Don't know any HS kids. But fuck man, it's tough. I was never like a hardcore smoker, I only went through maybe a quarter a month, but that couple tokes after a long day made all the difference and I want it back. I haven't looked for local forums but I will, thanks.

8. I was JUST trying to hammer that out in my head this morning. I live in an apartment so probably not. I haven't really dived too deep into that though. It may be easier than I think.

9. Yeah your going to have to be comfortable with asking randoms if their holding.There's absolutely no one at your work that does drugs or likes to party or something?

Even if you don't really know them it would be way less sketchy then asking a bunch of hoodrat youngstas if they could sell you tree.

10. [quote name='"CodeMan"']

I was JUST trying to hammer that out in my head this morning. I live in an apartment so probably not. I haven't really dived too deep into that though. It may be easier than I think.[/quote]

If your in an apartment with kids I wouldn't.

An apartment is a security issue and you can get endangering children and other bullshit charges if you have little ones present. (at least in my state)

11. Id try looking up 420 festivals around your area. People literally smoke right in front of cops at those things and if you look around there youll definitely find a connect.

12. Seeing as you have kids I know this might not be reasonable but if you have a room out of the way then maybe grow a plant or 2 for personal use? Would be the best bet and you'd guarantee good quality once you've learned to do it well.

13. Growing is fairly simple and fucking fun, but with an apartment I wouldn't risk it.

When you get your own place though I highly suggest a small grow op for personal use only. No one will ever find out if you don't tell anyone.

As for now, idk man just ask people that look like they smoke.

Stalking down the kids that smoke cigs @ your local high school would be the most desperate attempt ever but you'd probabbly score lololololol

14. Dude I work with a bunch of old nerds, lol. I mean you never know but it's also my career you know? It's not like a Wal-Mart cashier job or something. No offense to the Wal-Mart cashiers out there.

15. I do have a separate garage at my apartment. I, you know, park there and shit but I could probably make room in a corner.

16. ^This.
    People your age I know of that smoke all go to the local bar scene. EVeryone is all hush about it, but you know what those 30 year old adults get drunk on a friday or saturday night at the local bar with a bunch of buddies one might just say,"Hey, you guys wanna take a hit?". Happens more often than you think.

17. haha I mean...there are plenty of discrete grow boxes you could make.

Only do it if you are the sole occupant of that garage however. Like you don't want your landlord coming in for an inspection or some bullshit ya know

18. Good idea, thanks.

19. That's the part that scares me man. At the end of the day it's not my property. The leasing office doesn't need an excuse to come right the fuck in. No warrant, nothing.

20. Does growing weed - even 1 plant - smell out a room? Will OP get busted due to smell or only if someone sees it?