finding hookups at head shops?

Discussion in 'General' started by cvjoint501, Jul 30, 2008.

1. i just moved to a new town [houston tx] and haven't been able to find a connection yet.

what do you guys think about going to a headshop and asking around? is that not cool since they want to do legal business, or is there some way i can do it without pissing people off?

2. Your best bet is not to go to a headshop to ask for a dealer. Unlikely but it could be an undercover and most headshops don't like that because they could be shut down if they are willingly allowing people to buy their shit to do illegal things with it.

What you could do is, go to the headshop a lot... Make friends with the people.... Then after a while see what can happen with your new found friendships!

3. Very bad idea, unless you have a close relationship with someone who works there.

And even if you could land an immediate hookup at a headshop, then it means the people who work there are so stupid that it's not even safe to associate with them.

4. yeah i figured as much.

thing is i don't look like a stereotypical stoner. i'm an asian dude and i like to dress nice. my local headshop people are all metalheads/goths/emos, and they aren't exactly eager to talk to me.

5. Then be eager to talk to them... Walk in there and just start making new friends... Grab a couple of pieces, ask the people who run the store what they think of them... Then just start talking about some other random ass stuff about your life...

Or you can buy a bowl, pack a whole bunch of tobacco in it, stand outside the store and light it up... I bet someone would come out there and say something and just be like "I haven't found the real thing so I am imagining." Then maybe they might help you find the real thing :D :D :D :D :)

You just can't be afraid to meet new people and be ashamed of who you are or what you do. I smoke pot and I probably always will... It is probably my most favorite hobby in the world... So as dumb as it sounds, when I meet people, I always try to get on the topic as to whether or not they smoke trees.

6. lol... it'd be funny as shit if that actually worked...

i'm just kind of shy and don't usually open up until i've had a couple tokes. sort of a catch-22 there.

i also thought of just going to a school, say university of houston, and walk around at night and ask random people. i dunno, i wouldn't personally agree to help if some random dude came up to me asking, but maybe that's just me.

what do other introverted socially inept smokers do?

7. Going to a busy place and looking for stereotypical stoner looking people is probably your best bet.

Try the mall and look for a dude with a bob marley shirt on. You never know.

8. Maybe you could talk to one of the customers at the headshop outside. Like if someone buy's a new bong and walks out just ask them if they know where to get the stuff to put in the bong. I wouldn't come straight out and say what it is your looking for just to be safe, but they'll know and hopefully you find someone to help you out.

Also, the fact that you don't look like a stereotypical stoner might be holding you back from finding a connect. If people can look at you and tell you blaze then they'll be more willing to help you out, they might just be scared that your an undercover or something like that. Get a cheap tie die shirt and wear that while looking for hookups. Might help.

And also...if you're really having trouble and just wanna get high you should look into Spice Gold or SPice Diamond.

9. lol, lemme guess you're either trying to find bud outside smoke dreamz or high times, but i'm guessing it's high times. did you see the black dude on the street that's always there selling CDs, talk to him about some ganja maybe, if not just wait for some chill looking kids to go into smoke dreamz and ask them when they come out.

10. one other thing i thought of was like going to a meeting of the local NORML

i mean those people have got to be serious tokers, right?

11. Yeah but they aren't going to slang sacks to some random kid who just shows up. (maybe I'm wrong but I sure as hell wouldn't)

12. Go to domino's or pizza hut and turn on the weedar.