Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finding Better Bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mortik, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hey all, a couple weeks ago I started lurking here and have quickly come to realize how little I actually knew about the smoking world despite the fact that I've been smoking for years now.

I keep seeing all these pics of outrageously dank bud with all these names I've never heard of before or have only heard mentioned a few times (kush, sour diesel, trainwreck, white widow). It has really intrigued and motivated me to try to seek out some of this higher quality bud in my area... but thats the problem.

I currently reside in Philadelphia and know several dealers but I always seem to get the same old mids or decent headies at best. Is it just about who you know or is that kind of weed not very availible in this area? Anyone have any suggestions as how to seek out some better bud? Thanks in advance if you can help.

2. I hear you man, I'm from the same area. Unfortunately, it wasn't always this way. In the 90s, danks were ridiculously easy to come by. However, since smoking started becoming increasingly popular, more and more kids just want to smoke to be cool. They don't care what they smoke. Thus, the influx of crappy bud to the area. All these kid dealers just see it as a way to make money, thus when anything good does come around, no one wants to spend the $$$ to get weight, and if they do, none of these stupid kids will buy it. if they can get beasters for 45-50 a slice.

That said, I've managed to always maintain a few reliable sources for danks over the years (though it is getting harder).

In philly, the heady nugs are consolidate amongst the "hippy" crowd and on college campuses (Temple, Drexel, West Chester, etc...)

There MOST DEFINITELY is a LOT of GOOD GOOD bud around here, but the people who have it are very stingy and shady with it. Yeah, you basically have to know someone. The only suggestion I would have for you is to start asking around your friends, usually someone knows someone, etc....

3. you may be able to asks your dealers if they can pick up high quality bud for you. many of my hooks can pick up high quality bud they just pick up mids to make more money off of.

4. I would just ask your dealer if he what type of bud he can get most dealers I know can get me what ever type of weed I want. It really depends on the time of the year and what their dealer is getting in.

5. im sure if u ask one of your connects now he will be able to find you some. be like can you get any headies. and if he says no then ask a different person

6. Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try asking some of my dealers what they can get their hands on. I'm actually on a college campus so there are a lot of dealers, It sounds like I should be able to find something.

7. yeah, you have to let them know what you want. Otherwise they'll keep holding out the good stuff for themselves and make money off you by marking up average bud.

what college? :confused:

8. I usually just ask my dealers if they know where to get whatever strain I want at the time. Most of the time my dealers will be able to either get me some, or point me in the right direction.

9. Temple, I've managed to find some better headies at least but I'm still curious as to what else I can find around here.

10. I used to have a few buddies at temple that i scored nugs from.

If you're curious, keep looking. There is LOTS of kind bud down there. Though some kids just got busted with a decent grow operation down there not too long ago. just be careful. don't get anything for anyone else who isn't your boy.

if you find weight of some crazy chrons, let me know! :)

11. I'm definitely going to keep looking and I'll let ya know if I find anything worth mentioning. I'll be careful though, I know the risks. Thanks for all the help Delcoze, I appreciate it.

12. It's all about networking - the more people you know, the more likely it is you will come across the dankest of nugs available. You'll find good hookups with time

13. I live in michigan ( about a hour from detoit) recently i have been geting bud from detroit from a major dealer and every thing ive goten so far has been amazing but i would deffinetly ask one of your guys for some dank and im sure they could find it

14. Talk to people at drexel. There is some fire bud around here.

15. I'm sure, I used to grab from my buddy who was essentially the main guy down there, circa 2000-2003 though. :) Powelton village potheads lol

16. #16 jeremysfilms7, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Yo man I'm from around the same area. There's maadd midz but there are also some CRAZY danks if you can find it. The stuff I've come across (purp kush, bubba kush, og kush, haze, sour diesel) is all pretty expensive, upwards to like 450-475 an O. cuts for like 60-65 ish. But it's always been straight and fresh. Just head toward Temple or Rutgers... hit the frats and ask around; you'd probably be able to find a good source easily. Or chill outside of classes or something and talk to the guys who are clearly stoners. Just be careful with what you say of course, don't jeopardize yourself.

I don't think the black guys in camden really get anything better than beasters and occasional headies. You gotta talk to the college kids (regardless of ethnicity) who are smart and know how to grow themselves or know others who do who know how to nurture the plant and grow good budz.

Good luck man, just don't drive yourself crazy searching for goods, they'll come by soon enough lol.:smoke:

17. Cliff Notes: Black guys in Camden are not smart and they get beasters and occasionally headies (lol). College kids are smart and grow their own buds.

wow. u mite want to edit that son.

18. #18 jeremysfilms7, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Lol whats wrong with it, it's not meant to be derogatory but the people that are selling the bud in camden tend to be black.. am I wrong? Political correctness shouldn't be as important as people make it out to be, it's not meant to be rude it's just kinda try in my opinion man.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way :/

Edit: Well actually I just decided to add something to make it more balanced for your tastes :) tell me if its better now?

19. haha, i was only half serious man. I agree that PCness shouldn't be as big a deal as it is in the country today, but i think some other people might not appreciate how u worded that. Oh yeah, I know what u mean, but u just gotta be aware. :)