Finding a significant other that's accepts your smoking?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Upside, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I know what you mean but you're missing my point.

Whether or not you like to smoke should be as trivial as whether you like to eat out or go the movies etc, with the exception of medical use. As if to say, if you smoke and she doesn't, it would only be an issue that you smoke if you're prioritizing smoking over her. Granted, like I said, surely it's a positive for both to enjoy bud if one does.

To be blunt :)D) if you smoke too much and don't plan on changing, you simply need to find a woman that smokes too much. No woman that doesn't abuse weed will find a man that does attractive.

2. yep yep

3. I agree with you entirely, except, a lot of girls do get very upset about bud, even if you don't prioritize smoking over them. And it sucks for me especially, because i am a medical patient, and medical use of marijuana implies chronic use.....so yeah. Im stuck in a rut :)

4. YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD FOR ME!

"I wouldn't risk it with non-stoner girls seeing that they may not like it but pretend to accept it at first. Then they will try to force you to quit all of a sudden."

I'm not the only victim!

5. Don't tell them right away. They don't have to like it, but they do need to accept it. When I told my ex she didn't like it, but she didn't have a fit over it or get mad. I guess it depends on the person. All I can say is just don't let them know for a while, until the relationship builds a bit. If a girl leaves you because you smoke some pot, she's not worth your time.

6. haha that question is sooo perfect!! you are sooo right! i have the same problem!

7. You shoulda slapped that bitch on the spot man...

Ive had a couple girls who are not down with smoking, at all. I have just told them im not gonna quit and if they dont like it, TOUGH SHIT or dump me bitch

8. The women that get upset about bud for seemingly no reason are the same ones that you need to keep at a distance anyways. These women like to fight.

If weed is the -only- medicine that works for you, then you'll just have to be patient and wait for the one that understands. If it's not, and smoking is hindering your life's progress in that it's making it difficult to find love, I would suggest possibly seeking an alternative treatment for your condition.

9. last time i was getting serious with a chick, she knew i smoked, and i would sometimes see her when i was high and sometimes not, and my goal was for her to not know the difference between me stoned and me sober...she could never tell. when we would kiss, she would call me out, but other than that she didnt know. so if she cant tell, then whats really the big problem? many people who dont smoke, just see it as a drug for deadbeats and calssify you in the same group w/o knowing you, so get to know her before letting her in on our secret.

10. In my mind, weed is the only option. I've been through the pill game, it isn't fun....at all. Since pills have fucked up my brain so much, smoking is the only thing that keeps me sane....so you can see where the problem is!

11. I don't really agree with this.. The reason why is because if you keep something from her then all of a sudden hit her with it she will start to wonder what else you are hiding and your life will be constant hell because if she does stay she will be questioning you 24/7..

In her mind it will be.. Oh well he smokes.. Wait.. I wonder if he was being truthful about that incident last week with that chick.. Man when he gets home he has it coming..

Don't have that scenario..

Really? This is why pot has a bad rep in relationships... Enough said..

To the op.. I'm a girl and I'm a grower.. I didn't smoke until I was 21 and was completely against it before hand.. I knew everything that it "caused" because of stupid programs like DARE that said mj was for lazy stoners without a job.. Heres what I think may help, but it is all just my opinion since I can't really say it will work for sure..

If you get a girl you should be completely up front because why waste time on a relationship that isn't going to work once she knows you smoke. When I met my current boyfriend he had no clue I smoked until he came over one day and I was passing a bong with my friends.. He was pretty stoked about it, but if he had met me 2 years before I did I never would have dated him if I knew he was a smoker..

That being said it is education that can break her down and above that it is the ability to control it.. I'd be up front and say I smoke, but here is why.. There is nothing harmful it can do to me and if you want proof lets watch the union.. It is a pretty cool movie and it will explain a lot about the process.. It is not addictive. If I want to quit I could and probably go on to talk about your goals in life to make her feel like you have a future.

Some girls think mj is a clear indication that the relationship will head into the dumps because you won't be able to support her if the relationship works.. Don't let that be her idea of you.. Also don't be that guy who stays stoned all day and doesn't do anything.. Have a job, have stability, and control the mj, don't let the mj control you..

I have been in your shoes as well.. I had a boyfriend completely against it and would constantly quiz me about whether or not I smoked and it was literally torture being with him.. After that I met my current and we are actually thinking about moving to grow regularly and I'm actually educating him on what to do.. Trust me if you wait for the right girl to come along you won't be sorry.. If you try to make it work with someone that hates smoking your life will be constant hell sneaking around..

12. lol there are women out there who will love you for you. i was lucky enough to find a woman that doesnt smoke but enjoys being around me regardless if im high or sober. tbh im glad she doesnt smoke. more for me :) and if we ever end up having a future together i wouldnt want me kids to get a bad influence from her. they can from me, but no her :p LOL

13. Im lucky enough to have an awesome fiance(non-smoker) whos totally cool with me smoking as long as im not blitzed 24/7.

Cheers.

14. I'm glad this was never an issue with my relationship

My BF enjoys the herb as much as me :smoke: and he supports my growing , because I grow bomb buds :)

15. Now that is a premium stoner girl right there. Green thumb and all, you got it going on lol. Your boyfriend is a lucky dude to have a girl that smokes and grows.

16. You know I hate to say this, but if weed is the stumbling block to a relationship, there's FAR more important things going on with you.

In other words, weed isn't the problem man, it's YOU. I don't mean to be overly harsh, but weed is just an excuse, most people really don't care unless you're so overtly devoted to it that it's your entire life.

Makes me wonder though, maybe GC should have a dating site section.

17. That's some good advice..

and yeah everything in moderation..don't let it smoke you kinda thing

18. haha man i'm a stoner chick and i'm waiting for my stoner dude. all my friends i toke with are like 85% dudes but they see me as just another dude haha.

19. LOL. I'm a stoner chick, also waiting for my stoner dude. If I could even find a guy that didn't smoke but was okay with me smoking, it'd be okay. Though, honestly, I'd prefer a guy that smoked. And that he smoked a lot like I do. I think it'd be pretty romantic to have him come home to me and a few properly rolled joints or blunts, eat a nice dinner while we have some relaxing tunes playing. Pop Madden in and after I whoop him, serve him a nice slice of weed brownie. And to top it all off, let him hit the glass packed with a delicious bowl of whatever good smoke I have.

I woke up from my dream now.

20. my wife hated me smoking the sweet leaf for the first year or so.. then i guesse she just got use to it :hello: