Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finding A Job

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viva420, May 25, 2014.

1. I've applied for work at a few dispensaries. I've submitted my resume, full name, and phone number with my real email address. Am I in any danger from the police?

2. Is it not a ligitimate job, I dont live in the US so I dont know how it works.

3. #3 viva420, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
    They are dispensaries who distribute cannabis legally and even offer delivery services to patients. I applied to be a delivery driver, accountant, and sales person. I'm in Orange County by the way. If you're not in the U.S than I don't think you can help me but thanks anyway.

4. Sorry friend, I knew I would be of no use to you, I was just interested in how it works. If you say they distribute legally then I would of thought you have no problem with police.

5. Your applying for a job man ain't nothing wrong with that. You might have to do a criminal check (back ground check).

6. Load up a fat stash and make your own job. LOL

7. I don't have a medical card yet, but I definitely intend to get one if they ever call me over for an interview. One of my main concerns would have to be me being denied work anywhere else in the future simply because I worked at a dispesary at one point. If I were to apply for work at an office and they saw that I used to work at a dispensary, wouldn't they be able to just throw out my resume and never hire me?

8. People will always have their opinions. But why go work in an office with those sad sacks? Just keep in the marijuana industry where your credentials are positive

9. The person Id hire would have a nice smile, pretty face, big boobs, long hair, nice butt.

10. I have almost 0 work experience and I'd love to work for the cannabis industry, but aren't there fbi crackdowns on dispensaries? Here in CA the pigs are pushing to make hash oil illegal even for medicinal purposes. I only use hash oil and concentrates, I don't smoke cannabis I vaporize hash oil. WIll there even be any jobs in the cannabis industry in the near future here? In CA the decriminalization bill has been postponed until 2016 and it may or may not even pass by then. I hate CA, I hate OC, I want to move to Seattle, WA. It's a way better place to live.

11. Could someone please respond to my last post?
    Thanks.

12. Why wouldn't there be jobs? People still want to smoke there herb and medical users will make concentrates at home. I would anyway. As far as applying for another job in the future. If you're in ca your boss probably smokes, most hiring managers wouldn't care as long as you were on time every day. If it's that big of a concern don't put it on future apps. They don't have to know you worked there.if you get a job offer I'd take it in a heart beat. What's more gravy than talking about cannabis products and selling them to patients?

13. That's not really what I was concerned about. Most jobs, including office jobs, require drug tests before they even consider hiring you. If I were to get a medical card, would I be able to work those jobs and not worry about being fired? They can still legally fire you or deny you work in CA even if you have a medical card. I wanted to apply for work with Fry's but they drug test right away too. My concern about working for a dispensary would be that I would somehow get in trouble for it by the police. I heard they crack down on dispensaries all the time in CA. My boss probably doesn't smoke. You have a misconception of CA, many of the people I've met here are very uptight and a lot of them are christian fundamentalists. CA people aren't all laid back smokers.

14. I still need help finding a job. I'm in Orange County, CA.

15. Best way to find a job is to cast a wide net. I suppose it's silly to say look elsewhere than JUST the cannabis industry, you seem pretty dead set on it. But work is work and at the end of the day most of us need a paycheck. Look around and keep your eyes open. Keep in mind the places with employee turnover due to college students going back to school, that sort of thing. They'll probably be taking applications for the fall soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I think I can help answer some questions here first off it's technically not a "job" you're considered a paid volunteer it's cash no payroll system. The only way a future employer would know is if you put it on your resume. Plus don't get to set on a job at a dispensary everyone in the state wants a job at one haha so there is tons of competition and with no experience I hate to say you're kinda out of luck you'll be at the bottom of their list of people for hire. Its worth mentioning I'm in the OC as well card holder for 3 years and friends with some dispensary owners

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. If you don't want a future job to know just don't put it on your resume. I'm pretty sure though no one will give a fuck, It shall be legal nationally in the near future.

18. #18 Sammyy, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    No. Cannabis is still illegal on the federal level and having a state approved card won't protect you. If they have a no drug policy and you fail a UA they have every right to fire you. Firing and hiring is at the discretion of the employer..you could fail a UA and get fired or they could be cool and not care..that's why places are "at will employment" meaning you can quit/be fired at any time, no reasons and no questions and that's that. So it boils down to the employer themselves but being in CA I assume most would be fairly tolerant

A good example of how it won't protect you. Alcohol, legal nationwide for those 21+ and yet you could be a 50 year old man and if you drink and your employer catches wind of it and for some odd reason they have a problem with it they can terminate you and alcohols legal!! Only things that would hold up for them unjustly firing you is things like racism, sexism, ect. But if it ever involves drugs or alcohol you're never really safe mmj card or not but chances of shit hitting the fan is usually slim anyways

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. why would you be worried? companies don't not hire people because they worked at CVS, and last time I checked, people die from Oxys and shit not weed....

20. Opiate RXs are legal. Cannabis is not..that's why

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app