Finding a Job for the Summer

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, Jul 7, 2008.

1. I'm a college student home for the summer. I can't find a job for the life of me. The places that i've tried applying to like nursing homes say they aren't hiring people who will only work for the summer. What kind of places would hire college students who can only work for the summer?

2. Don't mention that its only for the summer.

I'm having a tough time finding a decent job, too. Applied to a bunch of callcentre jobs got a couple of call backs but no interviews yet D:

3. Anything dealing with food. They're used to having a revolving door of employees, and training doesn't take long anyhow.

4. yeah, just don't tell them you are leaving after the summer. I'm in the same place you are, but at this point in the summer most places have already hired.

I would say try to find either a pizza delivery job or just search for odd jobs on craigslist, you'll paid in cash with craigslist usually for labor and such.

5. try craigslist, or something like a pool, if your near a beach something by there, construction, good luck though getting a job just for the summer is hard