Finding a connection when your not cool.

Discussion in 'General' started by winston_one, Feb 15, 2014.

1. I've read lots of posts about how to find a connection and where to go in the cities near me.  Lets just say it isn't going well. 

Part of me thinks I would be the ideal customer.  First thing is: I have money, not like I'm loaded, but I am employed and have enough cash to buy an oz to re-up myself for a while.  Second is I am discrete, since I have a job, I'd like to keep it by not advertising my partaking in pot. 

So, I've headed to bars and made casual conversation with people and then eased the talk into legalization or something to get on topic.  Things seem to go ok and I've exchanged a couple numbers, but so far, no callbacks.

Maybe I'm giving up too easy.

Or...

I started to think about if I was on the other end of my conversation.  If I was a twenty-something in a bar, or anywhere, and some thirty something approached me who didn't look like your average stoner, I would probably second guess calling me back too.  Why risk it?  

I live in a pretty small town so I am leery of asking around much at all since word could easily find its way back to people who I would prefer not know about my nefarious activity.

So nearby is a larger town with a reputation for being the pot capital of the region, Asheville, NC.  So I've gone to a concert there, and I walk around, eat at the restaurants.  It feels like its around, but again, If some stranger walked up to me and asked, I'd be skeeved out and think I was a cop.

I was thinking,  maybe I should buy a tie-dye shirt and change my look a little bit, but I almost think that looks like I'm trying too hard.

So I've also looked at ordering seeds from a seed bank and growing a few plants myself.  I did it in college.  It wasn't hard.  Every time I just don't think its worth the risk.  Possession of more than I'm looking to buy is only a misdemeanor. Anything having to do with growing is an instant felony.

It would be great if I lived in CO, but I don't.

So if anyone out there has some advice I'm all ears to any advice, I've read a lot of it on this forum.  Maybe I just needed to vent a little bit.

Cheers.

2. You must look like a cop.

3. I like the tie-dye shirt idea.

4. Tie dye shirt. Please.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Change the way you dress and maybe the way you talk. When I used to be dry I would go ask people that looked like they knew a way to get some bud I would say things like "Hey man you know anybody who got sum bud?" "Ay brah brah who got the trees" 

6. At some time you have to go beyond the hint, like, Man I'm Jonesing for a good buzz.
    Wish I knew where to get a big ole fat bag.....speak up....at least a little.

7. When I moved to a town where I knew absolutely no one, I went back to school - the town had a small community college. It took me about 2 weeks of chatting up the kids at the "stoner table" in the lounge/cafeteria to get invited to a party, and find my connection! I was a frumpy-looking mid-50s housewife back then-  didn't look anything like a stoner! But it is a rare community college where you can't find some weed! Take a Yoga or exercise class or ceramics - almost no homework and they can be fun. Some employers will even pay you to take a job-related college course! :ey:

Granny

8. You don't know ANYBODY that smokes weed?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

9. use a lot of words like "dude", "radical", and "stoked". And don't forget to talk reaaalllyy slowwwwllyy, because stoners are easily bewildered by fast talking and rapid movement.

10. Maybe change the way you ask? Like others have said, maybe use different words. Say things like "trees" or "ganj" or something. I have a friend who always calls bud "sweet Mary" lol but keep asking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Same boat here, tough to find good weed in my area. Sucks even more when people are charging top-dollar for shitty weed.

If you decide to grow, and keep it completely to yourself telling nobody, your chances of getting busted are close to zero. Even if you order equipment and seeds straight to your address, with your credit card, it won't increase that chance. The equipment is legal and possession of seeds is not a felony (unless you have felony weight in seeds, lol)... they have to wait until you actually start growing to bust you for growing, and search warrants require somebody to swear that you're breaking the law. Thus, without a snitch you don't get busted.

I think I have diagnosed part of the problem.  Dude you can't wait for people to call you like "hey wanna buy some weed?".  It doesn't really work like that.  You have to call them back!

Also the bar is not the best place to find some.  It's a known thing people sell harder drugs out of bars/pubs and so under covers frequent those places.  People are more likely to be sketched out by complete strangers.

My advice would be to pester around smoke shops(in a non annoying way).  Eye up the other customers and try to catch one just outside the store.  Obviously you can't just approach anyone but you should be able to tell who is more approachable than others.  Or hit up that trendy hippie folk artsy part of town.  If they won't sell you one ask if they can toke one with you because you want some so bad and you got 5 on it.  After toking together they might be more willing to hook you up as the ice has been broken.

also.... if you have short hair and a moustache SHAVE THAT SHIT! lol

Cheers man, HTH.

13. Ha ha,

Love the advice!

I mean I texted them with a "good meeting you bro" type thing.  Got a reply so it wasn't a fake number, but I didn't want to text again.. Seems too over-eager. 

14. Nope, just moved here.  Trying to test the waters without totally exposing myself.

15. You work?

Go to school?

Where do you generally socialize?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

Not really, no mustache by itself.  I do look more like a "member of society" than a stoner.  

17. I work, at a college.  Which sounds great, but I don't want word getting around that a employee was hitting up students.   

18. I've met more people in my situation than I expected.   All of them are looking but have no source.  Seems like there is a pretty big market for the average schmo stoner.

19. Not hard man. Go eat at jack in the box and hang out for an hour late at night. You'll find an abundance of drunks and potheads. If you make cheap unhealthy food, they will come.

20. get yourself a part time job at pizza joint or shitty food shack.. just tell them you need extra cash.   Scope it out first to make sure the type of ppl you can use work there.