Find a kick ass ballin Famous Quote

Discussion in 'General' started by Riophamus, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Alright I have to find a famous quote for a class at school tomorrow and I turn to you, GC to help me out in my time of need.

I've been looking and looking for a hunter S. Thompson quote but the ones I want are either way too short or too vulgar.

The professor wont let me use “I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.” which is one of my favorite hunter s. thompson quotes.

Any ideas fellow blades?! :eek:

2. #2 AimedForDeath, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
    My personal favorites are
    "If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."

AND,...

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

edit: Both are hunter s thompson quotes, just so you know :p

3. "It's not a drug, it's a leaf." - My governer

4. "I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments" - jim morrison

5. "Violence is as American as apple pie" -Some angy black guy

6. For them that must obey authority
    That they do not respect in any degree
    Who despise their jobs, their destinies
    Speak jealously of them that are free
    Cultivate their flowers to be
    Nothing more than something
    They invest in.

-- BOB DYLAN

7. " Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it had tried to contact us."
    -Calvin and Hobbs

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation"
    -Edward R. Murrow

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."

8. "Never sell no crack where you rest at. I don't care if they want an ounce tell them bounce." - Biggie Smalls

truely these are words of wisdom

9. lol thanks for your help all.

I think I'm gona go with "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

If I would of read some of the quotes in my thread before reciting my speech about 25 times I might of used it... But time is short and I must sleep now.

Thanks again blades :cool:

10. "He who speaks most, knows least
    An empty vessel makes the most sound"

11. nice choice, that's a sick one.

12. man thats a pretty good pick.
    Mine was "i get high with a little help from my friends"- The Beatles
    In order for the school to accept it i had to convince some lady that by "high" i meant successful.

13. "When your mind realizes no boundaries, That is when you are truly free"

I have a huge sticker of this quote on the back window of my car.

Thats pharell

14. "Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." BFranklin

15. Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law.

Voltaire

16. If you die you're completely happy and your soul somewhere lives on. I'm not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I've got.

-Kurt Cobain

17. "As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake."

-Mark Twain

18. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin

The same quote was also published as "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

19. I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

20. I have had it wih these motha fucken snakes on this mutha fuckin plane!