Financial Aid Disbursement Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 197774, Feb 3, 2012.

1. #1 Deleted member 197774, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    i know im being kind of impatient with this since the disbursement is coming at the end of the month, but i just want to know if im actually gunna get as much as i think..

so under account balance on my financial aid page says $618, and im not using any more of my aid on books or supplies, so does this mean im getting that much back in the disbursement check?

i really hope so, i wanna use some of that money to treat myself to an ounce of top grade dank, a chillum, and a gandalf pipe (the chillum and gandalf to finally complete my glass family with my bong and spoon) and then save the rest of the money.

i havent had money in months cus its so hard to find a part time job in this area, and i just had to give up my license because i had a seizure and the state of NH doesnt allow people to have a driving license till a year after said grand mal seizure, so i probably wont be getting a job anytime soon anyway :/

so please dont flame me for wanting to use this money, i know ill have to pay it back after graduation but ill have a job by then so it will be fine!

so please lemme know if this is the amount im getting so i can plan to budget it!

edit: to clear everything up, they do send out the surplus in checks, i already know that, theyve sent me checks past semesters which ive payed right back. i feel i deserve some money for doing good in school and cause i havent gotten anything for myself in months. i just want to know if my 'account balance' is the amount they will be sending me

2. youre so much better than me.

i wish i was as cool as you to laugh at people life situations on forums and provide no helpful feedback at all.

congratulations on being fucking awesome.

3. relax. damn lol. im guessing youll get a check yeah.

4. Why don't you talk to the financial aid people at your school?
    And lol using a loan to buy weed

5. I miss my disbursements. It depends on how many credit hours you're taking, the type of grants or loans and how much you used out of it. Like we know, man. Quit being lazy and ask the financial aid section of your school.

6. Depends on your school's policy, man...you gotta call em up and ask.

Some schools will consider it a surplus and just take it away from your fin aid account or give it to you in the form of tuition credit or some garbage.

Other schools will consider it part of of your aid package and give it directly to you

7. You need to go to your financial aid office and find out. We can't tell you because each school has different policies.

Don't ask us, ask them

8. If your classes began in Jan then late march early april
    :)

9. #10 Deleted member 197774, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    to clear everything up, they do send out the surplus in checks, i already know that, theyve sent me checks past semesters which ive payed right back. i feel i deserve some money for doing good in school and cause i havent gotten anything for myself in months. i just want to know if my 'account balance' is the amount they will be sending me

10. Prolly not cuz last semester mine said like $1300 but I only really got like $470!

11. Ask them...How many people here have to tell you they don't know and to ask the financial aid people before you actually go and ask the people that can clear all of this shit up for you?:cool:

12. Why would you get a loan to buy weed... that seems really immature/inappropriate, lol.