Finally redoing my system

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Verdurous, Aug 3, 2012.

1. My PC's finally glitchy enough that I can't stand it and am going to reinstall everything. I'm actually thinking about switching to Ubuntu for daily use, so I'm shrinking my primary partition, am going to install Ubuntu, then I'm going to move my keep files over to the new partition, make it my primary, wipe and reinstall Windows on the now logical partition, reinstall windows only software, set-up the Ubuntu side with various Linuxware and be on my way. So far my computer's shrunk my original primary partition, created the new partition, and is now wiping it for security. Any ideas/discussion? lol :smoke:

2. Buy a 128 or less SSD and install all OS files on it and have a much happier computing life :D

3. You have no idea how much I want to do that! lol I just don't have the money right now. I haven't been able to find a job this summer and it really sucks.

4. yeah they cost a pretty penny right now and hopefully it decreases soon, ~$1 a GB is a bit high for me too, but the transfer speeds,..... :drool: lol

5. My grandparents are realistically due for a new computer, so I was going to see if I can find a cheap put together system to build for them that utilizes and ssd just so I can play around with it. Plus, they like not having to wait for anything on the computer. lol