Finally Real Odor proof Bags

Discussion in 'Security' started by seekemer, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I discovered these Awesome bags shortly after my relocation to beautiful NORCAL
    at my favorite grow shop and haven't looked back since.
    These things are the best!! nothing will keep your harvest fresher and they really are absolutely odor proof.

p.s. rubbing alcohol wipe down after you heat seal them ensures complete particulate removal!

Soldier Bags

• Like Like x 1
  2. How do you seal it ? I can see that the bag would be impermeable because it appears to be a metal foil & plastic laminate but the seal might not. This would be great to store my "beef jerky".

3. [​IMG]
    these totally work great

4. ...nice 1st post OP

Attached Files:

5. [quote name='"ihugtrees"']
    these totally work great[/quote]

Yes they do

6. It is just a mylar bag, vac pack and seal it or just iron it shut. Any heated metal bar can cut and seal the bag as well. Mylar is the best bag you can use in terms of food or others perishable items. You can also cut them open and reuse/reseal them, they will just be smaller after each cut.

Look at Uline or maybe royalbag for more info or just google mylar bag etc....

7. this.

i use the 20 dollar electric pump w those zip locks. 10 bucks for 18 i think. keeps og from stinking in my pocket that generally stink bad through 'air tight' jars.

they sell a tupperware style thing that works with the pump too. they leak miniscule amounts of stinky air but would probably work well for food. i use em for seeds but i also air seal the beans w rice in the bags before i seal the tupperware since it leaks. mostly just use the containers to keep it dark & so they dont get crushed by other shit in the fridge but they keep an ok seal & theyre easy to use. theyre also pretty thick & rugged.

8. smelly bag's availaible at most smoke shop's where the first smell proof bag's

9. If only they were smellproof to dogs

10. turkey roaster bags are not porus, so just like glass, they are smell proof. just sayin... ;)

11. The smell will still permeate, and the dog will smell it. Especially if the bag wasn't sterilized after the bud or other product was put in it.

12. Put peanut butter in a roaster bag, set it out in your front yard and see how long it lasts. Even the squirrels will smell it. No plastic bag will truly defeat a dog, rat or rodent's nose.

13. yes these bags are mylar and yes there heat sealed, but there ultra thick and imbedded with foil. smelly proof bags, turkey bags and of course vac seal bag(laughing) don't even come close. and between me you and that telephone pole i've tested the bags with my dirty cop buddy(FL) and with proper sealing and CONTAMINATION REMOVAL on the outside officer K9 was unable to alert the handler to the prize when a search was conducted.

oh and BTW, i also tested with the bags efficiency thru TSA security at MCO airport twice in the last three months with non-permitted yet legal items just to see how they stood up to IR intrusion, worked on both occasions.
    but never! ever would i recommend transporting on persons at all!! ever like that.
    just wanted to see if it would work in theory.

:cool:

like i said, nothing holds it better yo!

14. Empty (or not) potato chip bags work quite well. The silver-lined mylar ones are the best. Seal with a vacuum sealer (no need to pull vacuum) or a simple impulse heat sealer. Wash the outside of the bag when finished.

15. Also, forgot to mention, but before I forget again (my previous reply is still pending approval, otherwise I'd update)....
    Those soldier bags look a lot like conventional retort canning bags (google it) If you are looking for other sizes....again impulse heat sealer would be ideal, but a household iron could probably be used also.

16. Plastic bags by themselves do not make your stash dog proof - not Foodsaver, not Smelly Proof Bags, not Soldier bags - not even close. Dogs can smell EXTREMELY minute concentrations of odors, and PLENTY of pot smell goes right through vacuum sealed bags - no matter how many layers you put on there. Plastic merely retards (slows down) the migration of pot smell so that YOU can't smell it very easily. If you don't believe me, try this simple experiment: put an ounce or two of good weed in a vacuum bag. Seal it in your favorite vacuum bag. Put it in a new, air tight plastic box, like a Tupperware container, for a week. Open the box. Unless you have a poor sense of smell, you will smell weed aplenty! So what to do if you want to transport something? Use the only bag that utilizes activated charcoal and a double-walled bag to completely absorb and trap the smell so it never makes it to the outer bag. It's called the Gonzo Bag and it is made in Humboldt County by an environmental chemist, Gonzo Bags USA. They come in three sizes, S - about an ounce, MED, about a QP, L – 2.0 lb. Check them out. They are dog proof

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 TheGreatGonzo, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    Masking the smell of pot with peanut butter, pepper, or any food simply will not fool a trained dog. Dogs can smell past any masking odor quite easily. Did you ever wonder why dogs sniff each other's butts and also like to stick their noses in piles of dog poop? It isn't because they necessarily like the smell of poop. They smell butts and piles because they live in a world of smells, and the most important thing to them, as social pack animals, is knowing who is about. They have glands on their butts that excrete minute amounts of a pheromone and lace it into every shit pile they lay. The pheromone is unique to each individual dog. Thus, by sniffing a butt, a dog ties the pheromone to FiFi. When he smells a shit pile and smells FiFi pheromone, he knows FiFi was about and laid that pile. Thus, by smelling every dog butt and shit pile in the neighborhood, your dog is building a complex map of his surroundings based on those smells.  So if a dog can smell minute amounts of a pheromone mixed in with the powerful stench of dog shit and reliably ascertain which dog shat it (and probably when), do you think you can fool a drug trained dog with peanut butter? I didn't think so!

Turkey bags are breathable that's why they cook turkeys so well. Pot smell goes thru them easily. Plastic bags by themselves do not make your stash dog proof - not Foodsaver, not Smelly Proof Bags, not Soldier bags - not even close. Dogs can smell EXTREMELY minute concentrations of odors, and PLENTY of pot smell goes right through vacuum sealed bags - no matter how many layers you put on there. Plastic merely retards (slows down) the migration of pot smell so that YOU can't smell it very easily. If you don't believe me, try this simple experiment: put an ounce or two of good weed in a vacuum bag. Seal it in your favorite vacuum bag. Put it in a new, air tight plastic box, like a Tupperware container, for a week. Open the box. Unless you have a poor sense of smell, you will smell weed aplenty! So what to do if you want to transport something? Use the only bag that utilizes activated charcoal and a double-walled bag to completely absorb and trap the smell so it never makes it to the outer bag. It's called the Gonzo Bag and it is made in Humboldt County by an environmental chemist, Gonzo Bags USA. They come in three sizes, S - about an ounce, MED, about a QP, L – 2.0 lb. Check them out. They are dog proof

18. What grow shop in norcal is it? Is it in the bay?