Finally overcame an obstacle. A good read

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mrragerrrrr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hey all, this will be a long read, so if ya dont have time thanks anyway for lookin!

just figured id share my story....its hard to explain everything seeing as i cant mention a few things on here but ill do my best.

To start im a 19 year old guy from mass, typical suburban kid...always did good in school, great parents/family etc. Last summer started like every other teenage summer, no stress just enjoying life with my friends. One day a friend offered me an unmentionable that is very addictive. My "friend" who will be known as A was selling big amounts of these at the time, and i was with him almost everyday. I started doing these unmentionables everyday because they were so simple to obtain and became very addicted. I was selling everything i could just to support a habbit, and didnt think i had an addiction. One day i looked at myself in the mirror and felt like i wasnt even looking at myself anymore. I decided to get help from the closest person in my life...my mother.

She was upset that i had been doing these drugs, and completely shocked...my father was in denial because my whole life i said i would never be stupid enough to do drugs, but he quickly realized i needed support not scolding...but like any parents she backed me the whole way and is the reason im still here today. It was a very long and painful process(by far the worst 2 or 3 months of my life). I had to get rid of 90% of my friends from highschool because theyre still messing around with these unmentionables. I was very depressed at first...i didnt want to leave my house, i didnt know how to make new friends, and i felt completely alone. I basically had to throw my life in the trash and start over, which turned out to be the best decision ive ever made. Its been about 3-4 months of being clean, and life couldnt be any better. I started a company with my father, i got motivated and start applying to colleges, met a new girl who im head over heels for, picked up many new friends and basically got everything i couldve hoped for.

The reason im writing this is to help people who are in the situation i was in and to help others understand you do not want to go down the path of ANY other drugs besides marijuana(pfft cant even call it a drug; medicine rather). I know drug addiction is a huge problem in the U.S. right now, so i figured even if just one person benefits from my story i will be happy. Keep your faith up, try to understand youre not alone and that there IS help out there for you. I know how it feels to wake up every morning saying how am i going to get money today, why do i feel so crappy, what happened to my life. Find your closest loved one and explain what youre going through, you CANT do it alone....drug addiction doctors and counselers are the biggest help when going through this, and have guided me the whole way. I didnt even have to attend rehab because there are other at home methods that doctors will propose to you, and alot of them work great. Just keep your head up, and think about how great it will feel when you achieve your goal (and yes it one of the best feelings in the world), the first week i was clean i cried more tears of joy then you can imagine because i was finally back to myself.

I know this is a touchy subject on these forums, i just wanted to give people some reassurance theyre not alone and they CAN change their life, but if i did break any of the forum rules, or offended anyone please delete my thread, thanks for looking :)

2. All the power to ya. Now I'm just curious what unmentionable it was. :O

Glad you came out on top

3. ay man im from mass to. I dunno if the drugs you did were pills

but i had a close friend of mine get sucked into that scene and he was in the same boat
    hes doing way better now and has been clean for close to a year, but it literaly changed him. I'm glad you chose to do the right thing because it isn't easy my friend. I myself only mess with the sticky icky weed

take care man MASSACHUSETTS IN DA HOUSE

4. More power to you bro!!! I'm glad you got out of that scene and you are a TRUE man to see it in yourself that you had a problem and went to your parents for help!

5. hey thanks guys I really appreciate the support...GC and mary Jane helped me SO much through the whole thing. it didn't allow my mind to worry about pointless stuff but rather help me to write music, tolerate the boredom etc ;)

and it was some type of pill man...the most common one that everyone's doing nowadays especially in mass as you know lol

6. Word good job getting off that unmentionable, and im from mass too, i liked the story

7. Thanks bro...smoke on! :smoke: