FINALLY! My first car!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Moonwalker420, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Cool deal man, just don't turn it into one if those little ricer bitch cars. Also just a tip fix that rust and wax the shit out of it or paint it if you have to so it looks decent and you can blend in with all the other cars so you don't get pulled over and busted. Where I live cops profile the shit out of everybody so it really pays to have what I call an invisible car. Like before I bought my bug I drove my moms minivan and I never got pulled over even though I drove around high as fuck all the time goin like 30mph and my friend drives this ghetto ass lookin crown Vic like the retired police ones and gets pulled over on a weekly basis. Sorry that was kinda long but ya

2. I love old cars man I drive a 73 beetle and I intend to die in that car, also 79 vespa and 81 kawasaki 440 bobbed. Also I think even though old cars pollute a little more you make up for by driving a 50 year old car instead of letting it get scrapped and buying a new car all the time, every year you drive that old thing is like recycling a ton of steel and plastic

3. My neighbor has a '64 fully restored two-tone beetle, I personally don't like VW's but his is super nice, best sounding 4 banger I've ever heard. I plan on passing down my '66 Bonneville to my kids someday, the car hobby really is the best hobby.

Congrats OP, and like most people said, I wouldn't spend much more than what is necessary for the car to run/look right except a decent sound system. You can literally spend all your money and more into a car and still not be satisfied. Take it slow, it's a first car.

4. Don't put any money into a paintjob. It's like throwing money away honestly. It isn't worth putting money into a car that old and its nothing special. Not hating on the car, but I bet the first car you sat in and drove you would want no matter what it is, which is typical when someone gets their first car. My advice would be to keep this one for getting from A-B and then save up for a better car, don't put money into that thing especially stupid mods or you're just gonna be another lame ricer.

5. [quote name='"WeedLover3"']Nice. I got two 10" kicker comp subs. And I love jammin to some weeknd while drivin[/quote]

YESSSSSSS the weekend is the best.

6. If he was really into cars he would have put that money into the drive-train or suspension (done properly to improve handling/ride, not just slamming the shit). Sounds like the dude is just into looking cool while he drives.

7. Trollolol

8. Pft. Thats a bitch car.

Get yourself a nice '84 civic hatchback.

9. whatever you do OP , please for the love of god don't get a shitty muffler that makes it louder. i hate those things with a passion and i would literally smash the muffler off if someone moved in with one near my house.

10. #50 STilladelph, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    [quote name='"Tamataz"']

There's nothing wrong with that, he probably is really into cars, and wants an awesome ride. Because lets face it, your going to be spending a LOT of your life in a car traveling everyday to work/school, investing in upgrades to improve the car making it more enjoyable will be worth it.

Life is short, buy a car that you LOVE driving, not necessarily most fuel efficient ones or cheap ones.[/quote]
    It's a hobby for a lot of people too. I've invested a few thousand $ into my car, he might think its a waste but I'm gonna own this car for another 4 years or it blows up lol, might as well enjoy it!

11. [quote name='"WeedLover3"']Get some subs in that bitch. Makes your music sound so much better when your sober or high ;)[/quote]

Yea but the problem is he had choice

12. fuck public transportation ....no freedom in that
    my first car was a 55 MGA no need for a sun roof in a convert
    first bike was a nifty thrifty Honda 50 ...then a collection of bikes

enjoy your new ride and the freedom it provides....now go get a job and make your Momma proud.

13. Get off your high horse. It's people like you that make me glad to drive a gas guzzling truck :D

J/k I hate my truck, but wouldn't trade having a car for the world.

And fuck bikes. Yeah they're nice for going short distances, but I'm not about to ride my bike to work, and be sweaty as fuck when I get there. I have other people I have to work with too, ya know. And not everyone can make living close to work their first priority. What about people with kids? Maybe they want to live in a nice neighborhood, but that's far away from their work. What are they supposed to do then? Maybe you shouldn't be such a dick and try to generalize everything everyone does.

/rant haha

Grats on the car bro, if you're lookin for a system and want any pointers I can def help ya out. Read a lot, especially if you're gonna hook it up yourself. Learn about how to wire at different Ohms, I didn't at first and sold my month old 15" sub for way to cheap because I had it wired wrong and it kept cutting out, and I thought it was about to blow haha.