Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Finally Legal!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by budsbud, May 7, 2011.

1. Finally got my recommendation to use marijuana legally in California. I went to my first dispensary and all I can say is wow! I was so stoked! I can't wait to venture into more things now that I'm legal! Toke up GC!

2. Congrats dude, was it hard to get a card?

3. but your location is florida?

4. Congrats!
    It is lame that it was illegal in the first place but atleast we are seeing some CHANGE!!:hello:

5. Yea dude how did you go about getting it?

6. Bumpity bump buuuuuuump

7. #7 budsbud, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I moved out here a couple years ago, never changed my location/hometown.
    I went to see a 420 doctor, talked about my conditions stress/sleep/ect. And I qualified for my recommendation.

8. same here bro just went to the doctor a few days ago and got my recommendation now i just have to wait!

9. #9 budsbud, May 7, 2011
    Nice! You'll definitely enjoy the dispensaries! Why do you have to wait if you don't mind me asking?

10. im not the guy but some doctors will send you a card in the mail

11. you can go to a dispensary with a doctors recommendation

12. you can go to most but some require the state issued card

13. Goddamnit, I'm going to bullshit my way into getting a mmj card..

14. #14 budsbud, May 8, 2011
    I never heard about having to have an actual card. As long as you have your recommendation and state ID you can get in just like I did.
    How's that? Your just goin to bullshit your symptoms?

15. It's a complete joke to get a card in california, don't let anyone tell you any different.

You can go down to venice beach, not even be living in california, go to the "kush doctor", tell him you can't sleep, get your recommendation, and walk next door to the hash bar and get ripped.

16. im actually not to sure, one of my friends said you have to wait till u get ur card to go into dispensaries.... but im not really sure

17. #17 budsbud, May 8, 2011
    Basically lol

18. #18 budsbud, May 8, 2011
    No you don't need a card. Grab your ID and recommendation and hit up that dispensary now! Lol

19. Congrats OP. Ain't it great to be free :hello:
    Easy to do. Just think of anything that marijuana has helped you with medically and tell them you've been self medicating for that. Sleep? Stress? Anxiety?

So very true. Just don't tell the doctor you need it because you like to get high. Probably the only reason you'll be denied a recommendation.

Not true at all. The state card is voluntary, not required. I have had my recommendations since 1997 and have never had a state card. I have been to so many dispensaries I can't even remember them all.

20. Yes it is! It feels so good to finally be legal! Btw I remember seeing your grow journal back in '09 and ever since then fell in love with your grows! I can't wait to venture off into this way of life!