Finally! I got a job!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddeh, Jun 15, 2008.

1. After persistently looking, I finally landed a job. I am a dishwasher at some small town Restaurant. The funny thing about it is, the way they run it is very strange. I came in and got the job right away because I was recommended by some girl that I applied an application for at a place right before I went there. They said they can either pay me cash or they can give me a check. Feeling risky, I said cash. It was very strange and kind of creepy but it seemed legit. The people that run the business are foreigners I can tell.

2. sweet man, goodluck, i'm sure the money will be well worked for. i dish washed for a very busy town restaruant, and it was the hardest thing i've ever done in my life. it's constant go-go-go, but hey, it makes smoking up after work that much better. :hello:

3. Fuck, I was thinking this was going to be a laid back job. It's straight though, I'm used to working a little hard for some dough. Considering the dough is being passed under the table, I have no complaints.

4. sounds like a tight job, probably cool co-workers, possible free food, and you could go there pretty messed up and it wouldnt matter.

5. That's what I'm thinking, congrats!

:hello::smoking::hello::smoking::hello:

EDIT: 100th post :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

6. Thank you! Congrats on your 100th post! I'd blaze for you, but I'm dry. Yeah, and plus there was a hot ass waitress my age that works there. I'm definitely going to work it. I asked him what I should wear tomorrow he said it doesn't matter. I'm probably going to wear my dickie pants. I was going to go in there wearing a wife beater as well but I'd rather not. Probably just a tshirt.

7. sweet dude. i know the joy of gettin a job. i also just got one. thing is it comes with free housing, and a whole new town to get used to.

hurray for makin cash.

8. congrats !! and even more so now that you won't get taxed

9. Yeah, I'm actually about to leave now. Seriously, how hard can dish washing be? They asked me when I walked in if I had dish washing experience. I used to work at taco bell and I would wash dishes occasionally. I don't think its that hard of a task to acquire. Wish me luck fellow blades.

10. its chill,

i was a dishwasher.
    just bring an ipod and listen to music while your washing them,
    and yeah when its slow there aint shit to do.
    but when the rush comes it can get a tad hectic

11. Yeah, I need to invest into an MP3 player. I'm pretty sure the boss will let me use it. He's a pretty chill guy. He don't care what I do in my free time. I can go to my car. Which can come in use later, I can go to my car and toke. I really want to get a ZUNE player. Any thoughts? There is also a hot waitress, but it was my first day. I really had no chance to break in some conversation.

12. if your going to do videos dont get a zune i heard there picture isent worth it work at taco hell myself. but i have done the dish washer thing wear clothes you dont care about it's messer in a big kitchen.

13. Nah, I don't think ill be doing much video watching on such a small screen. Every time I rent a movie, I put decrypt it and then put it into an AVI file on my computer. Speaking of which, I need to set up another hd. I will be listening to music.

14. straight up, most chill job ever. jiffy lube. i just started yesterday after months of working at quiznos. yeah you get busy for a little bit, but towards the end of the day we are just sitting around fucking off for a few hours. with a car comming in for a quick lube every now and then.

dishes suck dude. i was the dish master at quiznos. they were mad easy to do, but so many of them. i had to do them, AND work out front so I had to work my ass off.

15. i was dishes at a small restaurant and i go in stoned as fuck everyday.. smoke with the waiters during break. its really easy, but it gets repetitive.. it helps if their are hot waitresses.

16. I started working as a dishwasher in a pizza place and its not too bad when its not busy. If they were busy all the time I would think Id have to quit to be honest.

17. I think I could handle that for a summer job..do they pay you well being a dishwasher?

18. That sounds like my first day at a Chinese place I used to work at. This is literally how it went.

Me: " I'd like to apply to be your delivery man "

Her: " You hiyud! Cash...oh check?! "

Me: " Uh.....cash? "

Her: " OKAY! 8 dolla an howa. You staht now. Delivery to ________ blvd. NOW! "

And thus began where I worked for 2 months.

Trust me - getting payed in cash in the TITS. But...when you get another job after that and Uncle Sam comes to bite you in the ass it really sucks.

19. .. so how was it haha?

20. I suggest investing in an IPOD shuffle they go for $60 a pop and they're pretty small and won't get in the way. It also holds about 500 songs