Finally! I am soon free of my mother's evil claws!

Discussion in 'General' started by TheHempress, Jul 22, 2003.

1. sureshot, you do have a lot of good points about how she was trying to be a good mother and such, but you missing her side, from what im seeing, her mom has mad her life a living hell(or let it become that) shes beeen through a lot and was just happy about moving in with her friend

2. Oh, yes, the point of the above is that I will abide by your rules regarding outbursts in the future, but only by refraining from posting full stop.

I shall not be missed, thank god!!

3. Being a parent is hard...
    There is no obligation for a child to love their parents, no matter what the circumstances...
    Unfortunately unconditional love is only given under certain conditions...

Your efforts are respected, Sureshot...
    Although some people may have seen your post as being hostile, they should not have responded with hostility...

Good luck to The Hempress...
    Live well and grow well...
    Smoke even better...
    :D

I think at this point everyone deserves a cupcake...

4. Look, I know that it may have sounded like pure teenage angst...I'll give you that. All I'm saying, is you shouldn't assume that because all I said was "Stupid bitch" that I didn't have a reason for it. There were plenty worse things I could have said about my mother, but I didn't, because she's my mother. You really should be more careful about what you say to people..it can bring up bad memories (ones that I have been trying to deal with and forgive my mother for for years)

Yes, I love my mother...deep down, I really do. But I have a lot of work on myself to do before I can ever really forgive her. (god, just typing this is putting me in tears). My mother has let some horrible things happen to me, things I don't care to talk about.

Yeah, so this happens to lots of people..big fucking deal. I'm not lots of people...all I know is my mother hurt me, and that's all that matters. Just because it's common doesn't mean it's pleasant.

I'm sorry my thread had to turn out this way. All I know is I'm happy that I'm moving out, and fuck everyone who isn't.

EDIT- Sureshot, before this thread I had no problem with you, and I am willing to forget this and go back to that. I know you have children of your own, you're probably a good parent. Just because you are, doesn't mean they all are. So love your children, treat them with respect, and pray that you never hurt your children the way my mother has me and my siblings.

Don't think you won't be missed here, because you will. You are an experienced grower with lots of information and tips to share...please don't go over a stupid thread.

5. Well, I have alot to say on this point.

First, sureshot I completely agree to the fact that this is a forum for discussion and arguments of some sorts, but swearing and name calling etc doesn't help to get your point across.

I can also agree that you may have first off thought she was just some teenager who didn't get what she wanted, and therfore called mommy a bitch, which is not the case, if that were the case i'd be more prone to agree with you that name calling to the one who raised her isnt appropriat, but if that person who raised her also allowed people to beat her senseless, thats an entirely different story.

Sureshot, as im a constantly frequent the growing parts of this forum, I can say your a genious when it comes to growing, and I'd hate to lose someone with your intelligence in that field, I can also see the fact that your being ganged up on, but, as you stated, this IS a forum, and everyone is equal to give their own opinions, sometimes the masses tend to go towards one option than the other, but thus is life.

Plz m8, I think all your help givin to the newbie growers of this forum outweighs one outburst of your own opinion, next time just try to stress your point without so much anger, though I can understand where your coming from.

Keep in mind everyone at the city has conflicting opinions on one topic or another, and nothing can change that. All you can do is stress your point and move on.

It your already gone, than my post was for naught.

6. this is more about sureshots post at the beginning than anything, but i just wanted to put in.

now im no parent, far from it it seems, but the one thing i have to say about parents and money, dont bitch to your kids about them being expensive or using to much money or anything like that, all it does is make them feal bad.

just think about it, kids are 100% the parents "fault" (parenthesis because its not a bad thing, just didnt know the proper word...) none of us were there when our parents decided we should be created, so its not our problem that we need alot of money.

if you cant support a child, dont have one. but dont bitch about it after its too late.

its just like getting a tattoo and a week later deciding tattoos are bad, too late buddy.

7. This is what has come of certain families.. The mother and father didn't get the book that comes with kids and the kids didn't get the book that comes with having parents..

Parents try to do their best for their kids and the kids do their best to irritate the parents.. And so forth!!!

I have meet Hempress and she is a sweet girl as far as I know.. BUT I haven't the slightest idea of what her life has been like..

Sureshot..............You are not totally wrong in what you said.. You are entitled to your opinion as well as every one else... You sounded like Hempress was your child though.. If i hadn't known better, that would have been my first thought!
    But Hempress is old enough to make her own decissions and she may change her mind about her mom or not.. We are not here to train people to be like we think they should be or feel like we think they should feel.. We need to try and give a little encouargement and respect for our fellow blades and bladies around the world..

I am a parent and I make mistakes with my kids all the time... My kids are good kids bit they do get on my nerves thinking they are treated badly or that I am too strict.. I have benn called some names that I won't mention here at the city.. But I love my kids and they do love me......

I put a roof over my kids head, give them pleanty to eat, take them places and do thingas with them.. BUT they (after a certain age) do have a mind of their own and need respect for that..

Sureshot....... Be thankfull for your kids. Hope for the best and work out the worst with them friend..

Hempress good luck and take care of yourself..

Peace to all and love for everyone!!!!!

8. hooray for you, Hempress!! :hippie: living at home sucks :(

9. sounds like my dad *cough* asshole *cough*

10. "it can bring up bad memories (ones that I have been trying to deal with and forgive my mother for for years)"

sureshot doesn't care. He said so himself.

"makes you crude and a little ignorant"

way to judge me. that sounds pretty ignorant.

annnnyway, did you move yet hempress?

11. yikes! this kinda turned out sketchty. anyways good luck hempress! i hope things work out for u. and i wish you luck on your move and coming freedom!

wow sureshot. i can see where u'r comin from but i myself found your posts a little harsh. there is no cliques or con mods here, i had to laugh at that one. everyones entitled to their views but with such a negative post, what do u expect?

12. I'm moving out this weekend...thank you for your support to everyone who offered it.

13. I hope you'll still make it to the city!!!!!!

14. Course I will!! You think I could leave any of you behind?

15. kewl! i wish i could move out!!

16. well ill be damned...6 months ago and somebody woulda been outta here..

17. Man i dream of the day im outa my dad's wrath! ill be in growers pardise and grow indise outside upside and downside:D

So Hempress, what are your grow plans? :D

18. Yea..im wonderni the same hempress: )

btw, not sure if I said this already or not..but if ya got any questions about growin,,PM me.

19. As soon as my roommate and I get caught up on bills and whatnot I'm going to start saving for the light that I want...All I want is a 400w HPS...but they are expensive!

So, really I'm just waiting until I can afford that...might be another month or so :(

But I have the perfect room to do it in..there's a room you can get to by going through my bedroom that used to be a balcony but the landlord turned it into a closet/storage room. It even has a window in there :D

20. Sounds good. Will this be Hydro or soil? We really need some hydro growers here so give it a thought, bubbler woule be your best bet.