Finally got my new SLR Camera! Pictures Inside!

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Yep, it's been a while since I've posted guys. I ordered my Canon 30D a week ago and have been shooting it since yesterday when it arrived. It is an absolutely fantastic SLR and provides some of the best images I've taken. I've been using a Canon Powershot A95, and I am in a whole new league now. Here are the first test shots.

[​IMG]
    Far From Camera Shy.
    [​IMG]
    heh...
    [​IMG]
    I don't have a tripod. This was just a 30second exposure in the dead of night. The camera was propped on a table with a small box holding up the lens. Merely a test that came out rather well.
    [​IMG]
    Cute shot of my sister. She hates it.
    [​IMG]
    Durchii=CYCLOPS!

Heh.. Thanks for tuning in, guys. I'm tired and can barely think up the words for this post. I may be off to bed soon.

2. I got a olympus evolvt500 earlier this year (came with two lenses) and so far its been a very good camera to me

3. very nice bro treat 'er well :)

4. M'dad has an Olympus 35mm and a huge array of lenses. That was my introduction into photography growing up. I always loved playing with BULB mode even when there was no film in the camera. Zooming in on an Illinois Cardinal when it would fly into a nearby tree and just snapping mindlessly away at it. Most of the time, I had shutter speeds too low or too high and an ASA that was nowhere near what the film was, but I didn't care. What I saw through the lens was a very enjoyable thing to see at that age. :D

I never looked into Olympus DSLRs.. I'll have to do some more research, though I've pretty much comitted myself to Canon for quite some time.

5. damn those are some great pictures i especially like the one with the houses that one turned out bad ass

have fun taking pics and dont forget to take some macro shots if you know what i mean ;):D

6. I have been thinking about getting a 30D for a little while but Im fine with my 20d at the moment. The only thing I really dont like about it is that its heavy as shit, but since it takes such great pictures I feel the need to take it pretty much everywhere with me.

7. The day I'm off probation, You got it buddy. ;)

I have tried the 20D, and unless you really need the bigger screen and the point-focus, just stash up your cash for a 5D or higher full-frame SLR. If you think the 20D is heavy.. Wait until you hold a 1DS! :eek:

8. damn, son. you're skinnier than me.

9. Nahhh, I gotta go on a one-lettuce leaf, 3 times per day, diet. Then you'll really see skinny Durchii! :rolleyes:

10. cool camera.

a friend of mine is a photography student and he uses a Nikon D70. He used a Ricoh something before that and the Nikon put him into, well for lack of a better term, "a whole new league."

if your interested in furthering your photography skills an SLR is definitely a great choice. great first shot of the pug and i like the still one at night, get a tri-pod and you can do that on anything and it gives it that great effect.

11. Yea.. When I get a tripod and a Remote shutter release I'll do hour long exposures of the sky and get those really crazy star trails. Another fun thing to do is draw with light.

Set it to, say, a 14 second exposure and walk across the frame in a pitch dark room holding an LED light or a small strobe (Flashlight is a BAD idea). Then try to make it interesting! Turn the strobe on and off in different areas.. Maybe try and write your name. It's a tricky thing, photography.. But an awesome art to master.

I almost went with the D70s or the D200 (Vast price difference), but after many samples and reviews.. I stuck to canon.

All the work you see me do has been self taught. I do want to take a photography course at Colorado Institute of Art. There's so much more to learn.

Gah, I think I've become obsessive. Well, I don't care, honestly. :D

12. I'm a sucker for the sigma slrs

maybe its my eyes but the depth seems so much like that vivid shade of pure beauty you get when you're on amphetamines while single CCD cell cams of any sort feel dull 'n 2d

13. Another line of SLRs I have yet to look into.. Sigma makes some pretty great glass though, I will give them that.

A mirrior shot I just recently edited.

[​IMG]

14. Didn't feel like posting a new topic just for these.. So I dug up this one. ^-^

Two new model shots I did just today.

This be my sis again. Next time, I'll lower the aperture ust a weeee bit so her features below the nose come out slightly more crisp.
    [​IMG]
    Annnnnd.. The Katee Bug..Konfused.
    [​IMG]

15. you have a talent for candids hit up the beach 'n shit if possible or big stores downtown near xmas to capture tons of people at once

you'll notice some really amazing things if yer timing and framing are good in this back of your mind sorta way

16. You dont think the light in the portraits is too harsh? That seems to be the response im getting to them. I think they came out rather well!

Alos, I know what you're talking about. I've begun to see frame lines with my eyes without ever putting a camera to them. It happened today at the pet store. Scary stuff, but cool too.

Also, here's a test shot of the macro capability of this 17-85 lens. This is a 100% crop of the original image. Pretty nice, eh?

[​IMG]

17. i hate to hate man.
    this aint no fuckin myspace.

18. Im not quite sure I understand your meaning?

19. Excuse me? Are you saying he can't post pics here? Just why not? Some people have been enjoying it.

20. Yea, you're mean Mr. Cocoa. *sulks*