FINALLY - A stoner film with a purpose!

Discussion in 'General' started by SUcantare, Jul 19, 2008.

1. I recently had the incredible pleasure of attending a low-key public screening of "Grass Roots" If you're unfamiliar, this film is a feature-length documentary about the legitimate legalization of pot. The efforts start in Nevada, with the intention to contagiously spread east from there. Throughout the film, the crowd was going WILD (all stoners) it was quite an event. So much fun... standing ovations, the whole thing!

It's not out on DVD or anything, and won't be for a while, but the official world premiere is in New York City this September. I'll be there - you should too. Do NOT miss this film. I got my tickets here, but i think you can call too if you want.

It's so well done, so entertaining.. I just had to recommend it.

2. Thats cool.

Does anybody think Super High Me was actually detrimental to the legalization cause?

3. Clearly you think this way.

Why do you think this way?

I do not think this way.

4. Because I saw nothing positive about it.

Dude decides to smoke pot straight for thirty days, says how easy it is to get the card, and used it purely recreationally.

He basically made a mockery of the system, in a highly publicised and documented form.

5. He showed how after the most heavy excessive use he is still a functional human being with no health issues.

6. That's what I saw a more vibrant, happier, FUNNIER person

7. 30 days? Whoopwhoop :rolleyes: I can drink a dozen pints a day for a month but it doesn't reflect the true nature of extended alcohol use. Just because he smoked lots of pot for a month doesn't reflect the true effects of mj on the body long term.

Personally I thought Super High Me went about it all wrong, and I hope this new film will put MJ in a more positive light for the general public.

8. plant.

and no I'm not referring to mj

9. jcmartin, I'm pretty sure I was working pretty damn close to your house on Thursday, installing a commercial door at Schultz Pharmacy.. I remember you saying you lived within walking distance of Satori's. :smoke:

10. Nice, dude. Maybe I'll plop on down there sometime and check out your handiwork heh

11. Haha, yeah.. it's the back door if you really want to look at it.. lol

Super High Me was a waste of time.. I was kinda mad I spent that much time watching it.

12. best pot movie thats legit.....In Pot We Trust goes deep into both sides of medical marijuana and shows u patients who use it and how it is key for them to live life as the average person