FINALLY! 12/12 from seed, CFL stealth closet grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sonow, Mar 18, 2010.

1. FINALLY!!!! I've waited so long to grow and finally I got everything set up. The fan will only be on when I'm home. I'll turn it off when my dad gets home(how I got caught last time). I lightproofed my closet earlier, and even without that, he's only home about 20 minutes while the lights are on(and he has really no reason to just walk in and open my closet). I've started 2 bagseed plants. Got them out of some REALLY good Sativa.

I've started already so just gonna document some stuff really fast.

Germinated Friday, March 12th.

Sprouts March 14th. Then put into peat pellets.

Took off the seed that encased the first leaves March 17th. Now have them on a light cycle of 12/12. My grow box is also finished. Currently on 1 Soft white 100 Watt CFL bulb. I was going to have 2, but the splitter weighed so much that the lights fell out and one broke. I'll be going to home depot tomorrow though, so I'm not worried about it.

I don't think I'm gonna use nutes this time around. I just don't like the risk in using them...

I'll have pictures up later but right now I can't take any guys. I'm way too fucking high for that shit right now.

2. Is that 100 watts equivalent or 100 watts actual? For instance, 23 watt CFL's put out just as much light as a 100 watt incandescent bulb.

You want to measure how much light you have using the actual wattage if you aren't already.

3. 100 watt equivalent. Sorry for not making that clearer. Man. a CFL that did use that would be crazy big. Like ridiculous.

4. Definitely staying tuned for this grow.

5. Hey just stopping in for a quick update. 21st. Had the fan on them for the first time today. They bent at 90 degree angles completely, but I think they're ok. I'll take pictures for sure tomorrow guys. Sorry for not taking any. Haven't been home(thank god for light timers).

6. hmm... fan's too close, or two strong. i would try getting a smaller fan, or bigger pots with less soil in them so the edges of the pots will shield the babies from the strong air current, but still allow for some slight movement of the plant so it can get some rigidity.

7. So you mean to tell me you have already gotten caught by your father growing once already and your growing AGAIN in his house... Your father doesn't need a reason to open your closets (Its his house, he can do as he pleases). You are either going to get kicked out of your dads house or get him in big trouble if you get caught by LE....show your dad some respect (your are living in under his roof, eating his food, wearing clothes he probably paid for)

8. ya man dont do it, been there done that and man, i did get kicked out of my house and i thought the grass was greener on the other side.... well it wasnt and my parents were parents and took me back in but like cmon, to go through that again.... :eek:

well dude in the end it is your choice and your gonna do what ya want so thats my 2 cents:smoke:

dream

9. There will be plenty of time to grow some stanky-dank when you get older and get your own place. Enjoy your youth. One day you will realize that your parents are very important to you, way more important than they are to you when you are young and living with them. There is no need to let them down again.

When you are out on your own, supporting yourself, then there is nothing that they can do to stop you. Sure they might get pissed, but short of calling the cops, they have no say in the matter. Respect your parents wishes while they are taking care of you.

10. Subscribed

11. I read that and pretty much just disreguarded the rest of his post and now the rest of the thread becuase of that.
    You are disrespecting your father who gives you a free place to live, eat, take showers, sleep, etc just to grow some cannabis. I think you need to take some time and think about whats more important, respecting what your father wants after already getting cought and not risking him getting in trouble with the law becuase its going to be put on him, not you if you get cough since it is his house.
    Wait until you have a place of your own to take responsability for the outcome of your actions or at least grow outside and not in the house or on your property if you cant wait.
    You are going to need a lot more then 23 actual watts to produce anything worth wile anyway, so trust me you arnt going to be missing out on much not growing, other then a learning expierence thats hopefully from your dad.
    Im sure you are going to just ignore everyone in this thread who said this wasnt a good idea and keep growing your plant, but at least i put in my 2 cents.

12. Hey everyone I get that whole respect thing but don't worry. He grew too. The only reason he doesn't want me to grow is literally because he doesn't want me to grow. I'm gonna move outdoors midway I think. We'll see though.

13. Hey guys. Started Nutes today. Just used about 1/4 table spoon and put it in with the water. Here are pics from today:

Both
    [​IMG]

Biggest
    [​IMG]

Smallest
    [​IMG]

14. Almost lost one today. The soil dried out and I couldn't water them in time. But I got em some nuted water and they perked right back up. Can't let em get that low again though. It was bad. Also Starting one more seed. It's a legit "The Purps" seed. Straight from BC Bud depot. Only starting one though. May start another with a friend. Not sure.

15. By the looks of it your heading down a rocky road with this grow

16. yeah rough start man,my dad use to grow to but he dont wont them in his house! specially if there not his lmao

17. Man. I'm definitely heading down a rocky road man. I do know exactly what I'm doing, I'm just very absent minded I suppose. On another note however, the 2nd leaf sets for both plants are coming in. Slowly but surely. On another note, germed 2 seeds of "The Purps". Both popped, but for some reason all the germinating I've done lately has been really slow. it's like the seeds purposely take forever or something. What the fuck?

18. so what total wattage do you have now? still 23w?

19. looks like they need more airflow on em and a bit closer to the light,there getting stretchy