Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Final meeting with gastro doctor...demanding remicade or medical marijuana card.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JCrohn, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I am going to tell my doctor that I have been using marijuana medically for 2 months straight (every day use) despite a recommendation nor the will of my parents (whom i still live with).

She continues to keep me on the same medicines just by upping dosages and telling me im constipated.

But i have crohn's disease...and its really bad without the weed.

I have gained almost all 20 lbs back that I lost and am in the best overall health of my life.

I want to be on remicade and then still go behind everyone's back for the marijuana, but if he doesnt want that i want him to at least acknowledge that mj has made me better and my 9 ulcers are healed up.

2. As I point out on numbers of occasions, your regular GP won't be set up to recommend MMJ to you, you'll have to go to a doctor that SPECIALIZES in recommending MMJ.

3. Where do you live J? In a MMJ state?

Remicade has been a savior for me. Use it as a last resort though if you can! Once the I.V. drugs no longer work... <GULP.> :rolleyes: Sounds like you are doing pretty well though? Congrats on getting that weight back! :hello:

4. Hope it works out well, its definitely not a coincidence that you started using marijuana medicinally and now you're in much better health. I your doc sees reasoning, and if not, fuck him and find a new doc that will listen to logic. Good luck.

5. I just want him to recognize that it wasn't his work that made me better.

6. That's cool. I see what you're saying, but don't get hung up on proving a point to your doctor. The important thing is you are doing well now. Where are you located so people can give you some advice on a cannabis doc? ;)

7. Hey, I'm another Crohnie, and honestly, I wouldn't concern yourself with making your GI recognize the benefits of marijuana. My GI knows I smoke and is fine with it, but he's not jumping through hoops to help me try the synthesized THC pills or anything like that to see if it would be helpful to my symptoms. I wouldn't hold your breath to get your GI to admit that MJ's helped you. But, that's just me.

Go see a cannabis doc if you're in a MMJ state, you'll be good to go then.