Final flush and bud wash before harvest.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanadianBaconBit, Mar 21, 2020.

1. I have flushed all my girls. I figure I am within the 2 weeks span as one of the same girls flowered 1 week early now has 10%-20% amber tricomes.

I was reading about bud washing and gave it a try on some branchs that broke off, they fully dried with in 1 night in my tent. I put them under the micro scope and have had no tricome loss that I noticed.

So I decided why not wash the buds at flush? the plant would absorbe most the moisture alive? and the rest will fan dry as they drain and with the window open in the bathroom it should provide awsome ventilation.

So, I showered my buds on a super low setting with warm watter, a bunch of long human hairs dislodged. Ones I have never seen! after a quick 30 second shake on the wet plant and 5 min infront of the fan, they buds all feel fairly dry. I hope this will wash off anything nasty that was in the growing after or may have been sucked in. There was some seriouse NASTY splashs on the shower walls from shake drying the buds, I mean dirty as fuck. So, hopefully they will dry well and smoke abit better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. not a big fan of wet buds
    were you reading about what never to do? or was it something I posted years ago? You want to taste some nasty shit, try spraying bug killer on your buds. Spider mites. I figured it was them or me. I have never grown pot which didn't get me stoned. How stoned do I need to be?
    So did it work? Did you finally wash the smell out of those buds? Perhaps a more fragrant fertilizer would help. Maple syrup? I know a lot try molasses. It's supposed to make them sticky. Bull manure is my all time favorite.

3. Yuck, Ill skip the bug killer for now!

Never get your buds wet during flower seems to be a big "not to do thing" :biggrin:

4. the less touching the better.. each fondle does result in lost trics,
    other than the added risk of even more mold knock your self out!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Do you have a pic of those trichomes? To me it looks like those plants have far longer then 2 weeks. Still ALL white pistils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. I do not. When I try to take a pic with the microscope it changes then resolution and makes in potato quality where you cant see anything. My other plant whent from standing hairs to orange in the last 2 weeks, They also bulked in in just under a week after I flushed. Hoping because they are the same plants in same conditions they will do the same.

These plants were swapped to flower in the last few days of January and showed pistals in 2 days. I was planning to harvest at the end of first week of April which would bring me to around 9 weeks after leaving them in the dark for a day.

7. Here is the girl I just chopped. It's has about 10% amber trichomes.

Attached Files: