Fimming vs. Topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by deuteros, Sep 26, 2007.

1. I understand the method of fimming and topping but what I don't understand are the differences in the results of each.

Why would someone fim instead of top or vice-versa?

2. topping is easier to do and fimming is suppose to give you 4 main tops instead of 2, i stick to topping cuz too me its much easier then finding and cutting 80% of the new growth off. plus i had more experence with topping.

3. Another thing I have noticed is that fimming will take a little longer to recover from. Rememebr certain strains like to be topped and/or fimmed other ones don't.

4. Hey Bro, alot of people ask this question. Shootthemoon is right though. If your plants dont liked to be topped than you are going to seriously compromise your yield. The FIM technique stands for FUCK I MISSED. Because they only clipped only about 75-80% off the top. It does take longer BUT if you have a plant that responds well to topping then you will love the results. Instead of splitting to 2 main colas you're looking at 4 to 8 top colas depending on the strain you choose. So I would recommend FIM but thats just my opinoin sooooooo.:wave: