Fim And It Didnt Work Right Please Help Look At Pic

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grow_green84, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Here is a pic from 4 days ago she. I fim my plant for the 1st time of my 1st grow. I got off 80% of the newest growth and I don't think it worked!!?!??? In the pic u can see where I cut the leaves cause they don't have tips but there is still new growth coming from the center of the plant like a cola instead of the the 4 cuts becoming the new colas. Please look and tell me if it looks normal or whst I did wrong. I did a ton of research on how to fim before I did it and it's simple. The pic of a top view of the plant. I cut about 80% of the newest growth on the plant. View attachment 1467496

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I don't see any picture.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401705368.574332.jpg

4. In my experience a fim doesn't create 2 new colas like topping. It just makes the main cola and the 2 little ones growing next to it grow closer together. I don't think there's any point in fim, either top or nothing. Just my 2c

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. I thought fim made 4 colas and topping made two. So did I mess up my plants??

6. No they're not messed up. They'll grow fine you'll just have those leaves grow with no tips. Topping makes 2 new colas and along with the 2 little side growths that will grow while the top is healing, will become 4 new tops. Fimming doesn't create any new colas, it just lets the side branches catch up and the main cola carries on like normal, so 3 tops. Topping is the way.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. Okay. Sounds good. I will too when I get home then. Thanks man