Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Filtration of Vaporization

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Sam_Spade, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Greetings,

I have become perplexed with an idea and have not been able to come up with any viable or practical solution.

There is a method of crude vaporization which is especially useful with honey oils, extracts and budder that needs refinement.

Here is a short explanation of the method I'm talking about;

Now, the problem comes with the harshness and filtration. It could easily be combated by filtering with water.

The logistical problem is that I have never been able to find a smoking piece like this which can be fitted onto a bong. Obviously one could have a custom glass piece fabricated, but that's incredibly expensive unless you're lucky enough to know the right people.

I was able to be partially successful using a similar pipe as the one in the photograph, by crudely affixing it to the down stem of my bong. It was very awkward to heat and light because it sat at almost a 75 degree angle.

This thread is a little bit of a brainstorm. Any idea of contributions would be helpful. Perhaps somebody with knowledge of chemistry equipment could have useful insight.

2. You could order glass parts from Science Labs. They have glass connector pieces for everything you need. They have every size, shape, connecting pieces, and hardened glass (pyrex). I've seen them and have used these pieces to make some incredible pieces and bongs.

3. I've looked on that site specifically but I have failed to find the peices I'm looking for. Most of the chemistry equipment seem to be small home kits consisting of beakers and test tubes.

I would essentially need some type of air-tight right angle connector the same size as my bong.

Or something of that sort.

4. Hmm, you might be on the wrong site, they have every different size, angle, and connecting pieces. I've seen them.

5. #5 Sam_Spade, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    You're entirely right. I was on the right site, I just kept looking under "Chemistry" and totally missed the entire separate section entitled "Equipment and Glassware"

My mistake. Thanks for the help!

Any other input from other members is also very much appreciate.

EDIT: still no luck, a lot of different types of beakers and flasks (some with amazing potential for homemade bongs) but no connectors.

6. That's perfect!

Where do I get that!?

7. #8 th3cre8r, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    Sam, I know it's sort of sketchy, but why not just crush your bud into a dry, clean ash-catcher, plug it's female joint, and stick it in your bong? Could you vape by heating the bottom of the catcher?

8. sam i got an attachment for my vapor bro`s vape for 9.99 to make it a glass on glass bong attachment, you can use them for any whip style ape i think.

hope that helps