Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

filters/crutches in blunts?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Iceman420, Mar 17, 2011.

1. alright so im out of papers, and ive only rolled a blunt once, and that was a year ago. I usually put crutches in my joints, but i was wondering for all the blunt smokers out there, do you put a crutch in your blunts? will raw weed get in your mouth if you dont?

2. Never have I seen a filter in a blunt. I don't put one in.

3. never heard the word crutch used for filter, but yeah i always use em.

4. Blunts don't use filters/crutches/roaches. I've done it once like right after I learned to roll a j. I'll never do it again. It's pointless.

5. Doesn't matter if your roll it right.

6. honestly, its better.
    i always put a crutch, whether its a joint or a blunt.
    it helps keep the mouthpiece of the blunt formed, you dont have to lose the weed in the roach, and you wont get weed in your mouth.
    i think its worth it...

7. i usually crutch js, but never blunts, because if you make it too wide you end up making a recipe for the harshest blunt you've ever smoked, I like the way the mouthpiece forms on blunts better without it, you get a perfect flow of smoke

8. Why not? Crutches are just so you have something to hold on to... So I don't see why you wouldn't want one in your blunt if you use them in your joints.
    It's all in personal preferance obviously some people don't like it in blunts, some do... I don't smoke blunts but I don't see why you wouldn't put a crutch in there.
    :)

9. ya i think u should, it makes it alot easier to hit and gives a much bigger hit. Plus like sheet said it gives u something to hold on to as u near the end and u wont lose bud from the roach.

10. Depends who I am smoking with. If people know how to smoke a blunt know, but if someone is going to slobber all over it, yes.

11. I always put filters in my j's, never put one in a blunt before though.

12. no, i roll the blunt at the end so that theres no reason for a crutch.
    but thats only b.c im an expert blunt roller (not trying to brag but just sayin) your not gonna be able to roll a nice mouthpiece your first time. it takes practice to develop your own technique.
    unless your rolling a wrap then you might need one. but wraps are disgusting. dutchies ftw

13. why is it gross?

14. I'm not bragging here, but when I make a blunt it needs a crutch. There's no way a load of ground weed isn't gonna fall out of a hole that size.
    Is there some way you guys know about to stop it falling out? Or is it because regular blunt smokers roll 'em a bit thinner? :smoke:

15. you leave less and less weed at the end and roll it tighter and tighter

16. I thought that could be the case, it's how I roll joints. When I'm rolling a blunt though I'll have the same amount of weed throughout. :smoke: