Filter with bubblers?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SimplyTeal, Jan 28, 2016.

1. So I just got a bubbler and im loving it but I was talking with some friends about it and i became curious do you guys use filters when you smoke out of a bubbler?

2. No

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. im surprised that 2/2 comments dont, doesnt the ash fall into the water or does it not matter or

4. It's up to you to determine if it matters to you or not. A bubbler is the same as a bong but a different size and form factor. Like a bong, a bubbler uses water to filter/cool the smoke and like a bong the ash gets deposited into the water. Personally, I don't use water in my bubbler. I just use it as a pipe. I think devices that use water are disgusting if they aren't cleaned every time they are used and I think bongs are easier to clean than a bubbler.

5. I couldn't imagine hitting a water piece without cleaning it after every session either

6. When I smoke my bubbler (looks like a mini bong) I'll rip huge tokes and pull it thru. I just clean it afterwards.

7. Oh by filters I mean screens like to keep stuff from falling through

8. the water is supposed to filter the unwanted crap from your hit. ashes included. that is the actual purpose of said water is what i am saying. the water IS the screen. /mind blown #brickswereshat [​IMG]

9. I think what he means is like a bowl screen, not a filter.

Do you mean a screen in the actual bowl itself OP?

10. oh yes thats what i mean

11. I don't but I rarely smoke from bubblers.

12. Screen, yes, and also a carbon filter yes.

Its a pain tbh because the stack is higher than the mouthpiece, but I can't smoke without a carbon filter anymore.

13. No screen, but i do use either a carbon filter or cotton filter in my pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app