Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Filter when rolling a j?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GreensPORFAVOR, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Hey GC this is my first post although I have been a longtime browser. I was wondering how many of you use filters or any rolled up pieces of cardboard in your joints? my bro just showed me his method and after smoking it, I dont know why any one wouldn't use one!! just wondering what u guys do.

2. imo its just extra trouble

my js hit just fine and get me high so i see no reason

3. Yeah man, I think most of us call them "tips" as that's what they are. Just a rolled up "tip" so you don't burn your fingers. It makes great for when you're in the car, that way you're not passing around a 1/4 inch roach and risk dropping on your carpet. Tips are the shit, and lots of people use them. I never roll a J without one.

The_Genius

4. i'm with ^^ here

i save my j's anyways so i have no use for a filter

5. I use strips of paper rolled up as roaches. I find that it sometimes streamlines the smoke and lets you hold on to the joint longer.

6. i roll my joints with cardboard so i dont have this problem.

7. yea, I always try to use a piece of cardboard on the mouth piece to it is easy to hold onto and it keeps away the scooby snacks.

8. Filters, take out a lot of the THC, from the weed while you inhale so I don't even bother with it, but sometimes when you do the THC sticks to it, and you can collect them and at one point just burn them and inhale, and it's the same, because your inhaling THC.

-Dankenstein420

9. the reason i do it is cuz alotta ppl i smoke with "n****r lip" and halfway through the j its a sloppy, spitty mess

10. Yeah I roll up a piece of heavier paper, usually from the pack of zags or random buisness cards i come across I keep in my wallet for this purpose. if nothing else it helps the mouth piece keep its shape through the rotation and keeps the buds away from your lips. Where im from we call em crutches.

11. i doubt it takes alot of thc out, atleast not enough to notice, but im sure some does get taken away. also if you roll the weed all they way to the end of the jay, unless you use a bowl to finish it you waste weed so i think it atleast evens out.

to the OP: i almost always use a roach for my jays (and use to for my blunts but when rolled without a roach they hit less harsh) this way i smoke all the weed:D

12. I use em sometimes when i wanna smoke the whole joint down to the cardboard but i rather not use it cuz i dont get to fully taste the weed

13. yeah I take a small ass piece of flexible cardboard and roll it and the beggining. just so I don't burn my fingers. I heard that if you eat it after smoking you get high cause of the resin in it LMAO. don't listen to me on that cause I have no clue if it works lol

14. I haven't used them but I just picked up a pack of the raw's to try 'em out. Looks interesting.

15. Never use filters, never need them. Just a waste of time and effort in my opinion.

16. if im taking a j with me outside of my house i will use a filter (so i dont waste any bud) and if im at home i will save them (generation blunts)

17. i never really have but today i tried it and it was great.. easier to hold!

18. same shit. with or without, doesn't matter as long as i can smoke my joint I'm happy.

19. We call those "Warriors" where I'm from. Sometimes you can get some wicked THC build-up. That shits knocks you back on your ass in a hurry, bra.

20. I have never used a tip until the other night. It was a little different. Like "Cyclones" are j and blunt tubes, they have tips. I am more inclined to use my dugout or bong though, but I would use a tip again.