Filter size for 4x4 tent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by booboo111, May 4, 2013.

1. Want to get a Phresh 550cfm for a 4x4 tent, is that about right, is it overkill ? I was told I could use a 400cfm fan with that, is that a correct match ?

thx

2. #2 420patient, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
    Heard alot of good things about the Phresh on here, Just pair the 6" filter and fan. 400cfm would be a good match with 550cfm filter. At full power it would be overkill but add a fan speed controler and you'll be gtg. You coulda just posted this in the other thread kinda the same thing...:)

3. A run a 4" fan for my 4x4 and its more then enough. When I had my 6" in their the side sucked in a shot ton. So I now use 2, 6" inlines in my 4x8 and 4" for my 4x4. Cheaper fan, cheaper scrubber. Win win.

4. He's running 1000w thru a 6"cooltube so idk if the 4" would cut it. Unless he ran a seperate fan for the cooltube cooling. By the time he doe's that might as well spend the extra money on the 6" fan and filter and pick up a speed controller.

5. Yes, I'm spastic !:) My brain is on overload, when I get a new fact, I post, then another and so on...I'm getting ahandle on the nomenclature now.....but I really do appreciate your help !!

6. Hey i aint got nobody in real life to talk about growing with. I really enjoy talkin about it with u guys.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I'm running a phresh 550 w/ a 437cfm cyclone fan for scrubbing my 4x4 tent. Works perfect! It's a 1000w hps grow too. Creates a ton of negative pressure...might need to add some extra intake to balance things if the negative pressure worries you.

--Sent from my Google Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 4 Beta

8. Simply put bigger the god dam better. Haha. Realistically if your using a 5 inch fan use a 6 inch filter and get a ducting reducer to link it all up. Im currently using a 10inch airforce 2 and have it pulling though a 12 inch rhino pro.. no probs

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1226594-1800w-jack-herer-cocoponics-wilma-bigs-everyone-welcome.html