Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Filter in a Joint

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I'm about to roll for my first time, don't have one of those filter books though, do I just use normal printer paper? Or is there a specific kind I need?

2. Tear a strip of the packet in which your papers are concealed and use that as ur roach

3. Cardboard/paper of any kind. It isnt really supposed to filter anything, mainly a few bits of bud from flying in your mouth. That and it makes it much easier to hold near the end of the j

4. I usually will cut a strip off of a white business card. Works great for me.

5. Really won't make a huge diffrence with or without... It will be easier to pull from with no pieces going in your mouth... But honestly if it's your first time you should probably just focus on rolling...But the little flaps inside of ciggarette packs work pretty well if you roll them up.

6. Yeah I like to use flimsy cardboard material like business cards or index cards. I feel like I always needa put the filter in just cus it makes it a lot easier to smoke! The end doesn't close or get as resinated..

7. I used two papers, aside from that being kinda wasteful, will that hurt the smoke sesh at all? Like, the one paper didn't roll tight enough, so I rolled a second one a round it to get it tighter

8. Ended up using an index card for the filter

9. Instead of using a second paper i would have restarted and tried to roll it nice and tight the first time with one paper. I dont think the second paper makes a big difference on how slow the burn is.. but a good roll always burns nice

10. Use a bong as a filter

11. use index cards or business card
    also the pack of rolling papers

12. First roll was pretty wack, smoked the whole thing in like 5 hits because of a weak roll and low amount of bud, deciding wether to roll another j or just smoke from my one hitter to conserve weed

13. Sidenote, I've never been this blazed from such a quick smoke sesh, though my J smoked like balls, it hit me HARD!

14. I Laughed

15. #15 senta420, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    Iv been rolling joints for about 3-4 years now and never put a filter in it. If you only took 5 hits, your joint must have been really loose and burnt down super quick.

To fix this, roll em tighter. Also you can use a little bit of honey, put it in the joint and it'll burn slower and supposedly taste better, I never did it though.

Also, iv rolled joints with minimal weed, very very little amount. About a .3-.4 and it smoked just fine, that's why I am thinking your roll ain't right enough.

Since it's your first time rolling, maybe use double wide papers or 1.5 sized papers. You get more paper and you can roll them even tighter then.

16. Yeah, I figure once I get some new bud I'll take the first chance I get to just sit down and roll a handful of joints, try my best to get them right, then have a great smoke sesh with some buddies later

17. I taught myself how to roll, nobody taught me.

I had a whole bunch if trim from my harvest so I decided to roll em up. Rolled about an ounce of it, threw all the joints in a ciggerette pack and got baked as fuck!

Once you learn, you'll never forget or lose "the motion" you can get rusty but never forget.

Another tip? It's all about the thumbs! Your thumb is what helps you roll em tighter. Kinda hard to explain but once you learn, you'll understand.

Just takes time buddy. You'll get it don't worry!

18. I heard smoking honey is pretty bad for you

19. Try putting the filter in before you roll the joint. "Shape" the joint with the weed (if you like cigarette style joints, use an even amount all the way throughout, for a cone style, use less weed near the filter and then put more all the way out to the other end) Once you get the initial tuck, keep your thumb and index finger on the end of the joint with the filter and roll with your other hand out to the other end of the joint, licking as you go along, as to sort of "set" the joint. You don't need to soak the joint in saliva, normally licking a finger and applying it to the glue strip, then the strip to the paper is enough. About three quarters of the way rolling and licking the joint, push the weed into the joint (clipper lighters for the win!) stuff more weed in until you have your desired amount. If you have to you can twist the end off, but not too tightly. If you've rolled the joint too tightly (possible, believe it or not) work the joint by holding it in your two hands, set between both hands' thumb and index finger and roll it until you can feel the bud inside the joint loosening.

20. What I like to do is get a straw, and cut them into centimeter-sized pieces. Do that, then stuff a smidge of tissue paper inside with a pencil or other pointy object. These are pretty damn good filters. You won't hit any less, you won't seal up the smoking end of the J with your lips, and you'll have something sturdy to hold onto when you're about ready to roach. They work for me pretty well.