Filter for passive intake

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by dc5gone, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I have two 4 inch passive filters (just holes) and I want to put a passive filter on them to help from geting dust and other small particles in my box. Not sure what I can use that wouldnt restrict air flow. I was thinking about using cut up panty hose or something.

Anyone using anything?

2. I´ve been thinking similar thoughts. But I would not do it to protect plants from dust, was thinking of keeping the smell inside. But then I have understood if you have a good exhaustfan with carbon filter, then you wont need a filter in the passive intake.

However, if you wanna protect plants, i´d say an old t-shirt (or any piece of cloth) might do the job of keeping the dust outside..

3. I have a pair of my mrs tights/ pantyhose over a 4" pot on my intake and it stops dust and pests, just vacume it every week to keep it clean.

Ive been doing it for a few years and works fine for me.

4. "Jersey stretch" is 97% transparent to airflow the same stuff as speaker grille cloth.

5. Another good and cheap option is using the pre and carbon filters for the enclosed deep fryers.