Filter & Fan Help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zombiefuhrer, Jun 8, 2012.

1. First I will start off by listing the tent and light I'm planning on using in my grow so as to maybe help people better suggest a fan and filter I should use.

1. Grow Tent
    2. 600 Watt HPS/MH Kit

As I said I am unsure of the fan and carbon filter to use and what kind of ducting for the outtake and everything so any suggestions are welcome.

Also, I do not have a bunch of money to get things for my setup so I would appreciate if people could take that into consideration when suggesting a fan and carbon filter.

Thanks guys and girls!

2. Bump.

Not 100% sure man, alot of people stick to PC fans for ventilation, however. If you're going all out (which it seems you are, this is nice gear) you'd probably wan to look for something more professional. Sorry I couldnt be of any help, hope the bump does :)

Good luck!

3. #3 BYOweed, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
    Your going to need an inline exhaust fan rated over 400 cfm.

Extra intake fans rated at atleast 150 cfm can be added to help reach the rooms ambient temp.

As far as carbon filters go, quality is very important. Security is a growers number one priority.

www.htgsupply.com has many options of quailty carbon filters. Stay away from thier own htg items.
    Look for the brand names

If you wanna grow with a 600w hid you need a lot ventilation and it doesn't come cheap. I'd also recommend looking for the fans with the min. cfm I had said earlier, on amazon. Free membership trial for amazon prime and I like the 2 day free shipping.

4. I appreciate the reply, but seeing as my space will only be 58.5 cubic feet, isn't 400cfm's a little overkill? Not to say you're wrong in any way because I don't have experience with the kind of light I am putting in.

5. Did you ever use a 600 watt hid before?

They get very hot and you don't want them farther then 1' 6'' away from the top of the plant. Mh bulbs get even hotter then Hps bulbs.

This being said, it's the minimum amount of fans I would recommend.

Try this...

Setup your grow without the plant and get a thermometer and measure the temperature under the lights. Mid 70's are ideal. Anything above 85F and the plants leaves will start to droop and result in a stunt in it's development.

6. Yup 6" inline and a can 33 and you're good to go

7. #7 BYOweed, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    It seems like overkill, but you have to move a lot of air to keep the temperature under that bulb at an ideal environment.