filling your bong with *hot* water!?!?!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tookmaster, Jan 17, 2012.

1. So last night i made a life changing discovery. it was pretty huge. We just had the first snow this year in new york so as is a tradition of mine, a snow bong for the first snow was called for. There I was sitting at my desk filling le bong when it hit me. And it hit me hard. What if one was to go outside and have le snow bong then come back in and have le sauna bong. So what i did was boil some water in a tea pot(filtered spring water, of course) and just fill my bong with that as per usual. I let it sit for like 5 minutes to cool down a bit. Then I hit it. And it hit me. I hit it hard. And it hit me hard. That was one of the biggest hits of my life; and it felt so warm and soothing to a tender throat. I realized then that i had to be on to something. It is literally the next best thing after a snow bong. If i had to describe how nice it is, i couldn't. Just try this out. Then you'll know.

2. yea it would make the hit have more moisture, because of the steam

3. It's like your trying to talk to me

4. but ive heard of people breaking the glass because of the extreme differences of temperature from boiling water and water just above freezing, and that causes the glass to weaken and shit

5. idk about this..someone try it out :p

6. [​IMG]

7. I wonder if the same THC amount is delivered,whether the water is freezing or it's if it's really hot?

8. My guess would be the same. Same amount of THC in the hits, you might hit them harder with more or less temperature. Hot hits can help soar throats or something, but cold hits help people sensitive to hot smoke. I think I have that right. But either way, I would guess it'd be the same amount of THC, just depends which way is better for your throat/lungs.

9. You sound like a poet

I'll try that sometime though.

10. Bro, you shakesphere?

11. tried it, it was alright.

wouldn't make a regular habit of it though, having additional moisture in your lungs can get you sick.

That's just my opinion.

12. i personally like hot bong rips. but just hot water through the tap, not to the point of boiling. it could break the glass

13. hot air allows your lungs to expand more...so you should be able to take in more smoke. and the added moisture is fine...have you ever taken a shower dude?

14. and if you have scientific glass...borosilicate....your glass shouldnt break from boiling water....its glass thats used in labs...has to be able to hold boiling liquids

15. Yeah i have taken shower.
    Not inhaling steam/smoke directly and holding it in during my showers tho.
    Like i said it's my opinion.

Depends on the quality of glass, not everyone has boro or scientific glass.
    Some people can't afford high quality. Just saying.

16. thats why if said not if you have borosilicate glass. quite aware a lot of people cant afford it...even though you can get pieces for relatively cheap with it.
    thats pretty direct...youre hotboxing your shower with steam...and people who have stuffed sinuses are told to stand over a pot of boiling water/steam to open them up

17. It makes the hit way smoother but your hit isnt as big as it can be because your sucking in water vapors from the water being hot and evaporating.

18. heat causes expansion...if not from one hit then the next. basic stuff

19. iv done that by accident lol i dont know how you think its better tho

20. Me? lulz